FrazerGTFC
January 27, 2019, 12:12am

Grimsby fan
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -234
Gold Stars: 1
Apparently, Matt Rhead is signing on Monday someone put but I think that is  rubbish said on new signing rumour today thread

Never be positive about town
Logged Offline
Private Message
SpudUDontLike
January 27, 2019, 12:17am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +309
Gold Stars: 8
Yes, I see.

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 74
scott_gtfc_89
January 27, 2019, 12:18am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1
M.J. ain’t that stupid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 74
sonofmadeleymariner
January 27, 2019, 12:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Goes very much against M.Js style of signing really, he likes a few experienced heads Wooly, Collins, Thomas to name a few but otherwise he likes to sign younger players not players at the end of their careers. If he did it would be like when Brodie signed for us the atmosphere at BP would be toxic when he would be on the pitch.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 74
AdamHaddock
January 27, 2019, 12:27am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,803
Gold Stars: 25
GTFC ground staff are installing a wider seat on the bench as we speak

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 74
promotion plaice
January 27, 2019, 12:32am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from AdamHaddock
GTFC ground staff are installing a wider seat on the bench as we speak

How can you fit a wider seat on a bench.......like the idea though.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 74
Maringer
January 27, 2019, 8:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,407
Gold Stars: 184
When you hear that we're bringing in reinforcements, you'd hope they mean new players and not extra bracing for the dugout seating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 74
H19P1
January 27, 2019, 9:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
I’d rather have him in our ranks than having to play against him. He’d certainly give us some added bite and maybe give the younger players some confidence to flourish on the pitch. A protector type.

I’d be surprised if this rumour has legs but if it actually happens then I’d actually welcome him. Feels bizarre saying it but footballs a funny old game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 74
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 27, 2019, 9:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,649
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from H19P1
I’d rather have him in our ranks than having to play against him. He’d certainly give us some added bite and maybe give the younger players some confidence to flourish on the pitch. A protector type.

I’d be surprised if this rumour has legs but if it actually happens then I’d actually welcome him. Feels bizarre saying it but footballs a funny old game.

Not heard anything over this way but will check in the pub later to see if there is any local knowledge floating around. I did hear we tried to get him towards the end of the summer window so who knows.

Personally believe we do need an alternative up top and certainly one that can win aerial battles and hold the ball up. If true could see it as a six month stop gap signing and I would not have a problem with that as far worse options.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 74
wiggers
January 27, 2019, 9:32am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
Joke of a signing if true. Overweight bruiser who Town fans have vilified and ridiculed for seasons, plus he plays for our hated local rivals. I’d rather have no one come in than him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 74
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matt Rhead

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.