3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 26, 2019, 10:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
We seem to be a magnet for bad officiating, whether you believe it was a red or otherwise today, there were several other dodgy decisions today to follow the bad calls at Lincoln and FGR. What have we done to deserve it?
Private Message
Fishy_fishtails
January 26, 2019, 10:56pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from MuddyWaters
We seem to be a magnet for bad officiating, whether you believe it was a red or otherwise today, there were several other dodgy decisions today to follow the bad calls at Lincoln and FGR. What have we done to deserve it?

I agree. We've been so unlucky just lately. Would like to watch the game back with the officials to see if they stand by all their terrible decisions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
Gaffer58
January 26, 2019, 11:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
This is the problem, managers, and Jolley is extremely diplomatic, cannot make any slight criticism of officials at all otherwise they get a fine, it's as good as a dictatorship. If officials had to explain themselves to the paying public they might start getting better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
Northbank Mariner
January 26, 2019, 11:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
How the ref never booked their number 9 today for 2 blatant hand balls, which might I add he gave free kicks for, is beyond me....and not to mention the foul on Ohman where Ohman got booked...bloody awful refs we've had recently which are not fit to ref a Sunday league game on Bradley pitches.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
HertsGTFC
January 26, 2019, 11:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Officiating in England is broken! Why? Because refs see a career path and ref to an agenda rather than the context of the sides involved and the level they play at.

They support the Baile culture of “if there’s Contact I’m allowed to go down” and they do it for their own agenda in that if they ref every game in the manner of reffing the Premier League fannies we see on the telly each week.

I’m convinced they play to the assessors rather than keep the match flowing. We pay to watch 22 professionals at the moment we get 22 pros and 1 rank amateur week in week out!!

Their inconsistency is criminal.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
gaz57
January 27, 2019, 12:01am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

I agree. We've been so unlucky just lately. Would like to watch the game back with the officials to see if they stand by all their terrible decisions.

It might be a good idea if every refs report was published after each match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
gaz57
January 27, 2019, 12:01am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

It might be a good idea if every refs report was published after each match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Theimperialcoroner
January 27, 2019, 3:42am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,087
Gold Stars: 93
You right Herts. I’ve reffed to a decent level and I like to think I know the game pretty well. The amount of young lads who get pushed through the levels far too fast is alarming. The trouble is the need for decent officials is so great the FAs have to do this. The result is you get refs who have no life or playing experience in charge of games they don’t know enough about.
There are many many great refs out there at all levels, sadly you do t notice them, you only notice the ones who are not so great.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
marinerrick
January 27, 2019, 6:37am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +52
I played rugby to a fairly decent standard and the best referees we had were people who used to play. I appreciate that players generally have a larger amount of respect for referees in rugby that in football but as I said the best referees who ex players. They seem to understand the game more. Also VAR or TMO has been used in rugby for years and works. Only used to check decisions and usually the ref requests a relook and is often heard saying I think its x, y or z. Can you just check and the TMO shows the incident on big screen inside ground and it's still the decision of the on field ref that counts. There may be odd occasions that TMO overrules ref or makes suggestions but it generally works. Why can the FA not look at how it is used by the RFU and think that works let's look at changing it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
quebec38
January 27, 2019, 7:26am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,549
Gold Stars: 44
I don’t take the standard of officials personally. I think they’re the same across the league week in, week out, which is usually close to terrible. I thought the ref was bad for both sides yesterday but I will say I agreed with the red.
It’s a strange situation that managers can’t comment on the officiating after the match and something that needs to be scrapped. If the ref has had a howler which has had a crucial impact on the result, why shouldn’t he be able to comment in a post match interview?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Officials

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.