This thread currently has 2,745 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
January 26, 2019, 7:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
What a poor, misguided intro to the footy world this is getting. On top of our own annoying VAR intervention recently and various others, the Everton/Millwall game will add more pressure onto it's proposed usage, surely?
Millwall basically equalised, and went on to win the game with a clear handball incident leading to their 2nd goal. Play the game at Premier Everton and VAR correctly intervenes. But it's played at non-Premier Millwall and thus not an option.
Farcical, a great idea ruined by the usual poor implementation from the authorities.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Manchester Mariner
January 26, 2019, 8:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Even more controversial when the handball was then shown on the stadium screen for players, fans and the ref all to see.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
ska face
January 26, 2019, 8:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,609
Gold Stars: 840
About 20 mins into that match the young Milwall right back went straight through and Everton player, yellow all day long. Yet he referee let it go and Jonathan Pearce commenting went on at length about how that was the right decision “given it’s an FA Cup tie, given the scale of the tie, the timing of the challenge” etc, and that the common sense approach was correct.

Where the intercourse was that conversation when Fox got dragged off after 114 seconds?

Bent illegitimates, the lot of em.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
Northbank Mariner
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
And Harris was screaming for them to stop showing it!!...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
fishboyUTM
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,067
Gold Stars: 40
I'm a fan of VAR. Anything to stop the outright cheating. But it is merely a tool and isn't always going to get it right as it depends on your interpretation.

Look at todays red card. I've seen the incident a dozen times now and I'm still not sure if it was a red or not. I'm edging towards not, but many people can't agree on it. Would VAR have helped?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
marinerdazza
January 26, 2019, 8:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,841
Gold Stars: 82
Everton were shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
Abdul19
January 26, 2019, 8:08pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,531
Gold Stars: 215
Rounded off my Man U, Watford and Millwall treble nicely.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
Mikey_345
January 26, 2019, 8:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,308
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from fishboyUTM
I'm a fan of VAR. Anything to stop the outright cheating. But it is merely a tool and isn't always going to get it right as it depends on your interpretation.

Look at todays red card. I've seen the incident a dozen times now and I'm still not sure if it was a red or not. I'm edging towards not, but many people can't agree on it. Would VAR have helped?

I think that’s why it’s important the ref in the middle makes the decision if it’s not an offside decision.

A bloke in a studio miles away isn’t the refere and the technology should be there to help the official in the middle so they have to be the ones to review and interpret what they are seeing, like in the WC.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
RoboCod
January 26, 2019, 8:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from marinerdazza
Everton were shite.

Oh they needed more than a VAR setup. They may have some sway in getting the FA to look at this lopsided VAR at Premier grounds nonsense though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
Gaffer58
January 26, 2019, 8:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
I thought that at last summers World Cup the referees seem to allow the game to continue hoping VAR would then intervene thus taking the responsibility of the ref.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › VAR

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.