FishOutOfWater
January 28, 2019, 1:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Not had a chance to post on here until now but what a game that was

When we went down to 10 I feared the worst but just as at Palace, our performance with a man down was spot on

It also went unnoticed by me on Saturday but looking back, with that Thomas/Cook partnership up front... we could well be going places!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 70 - 75
diehardmariner
January 28, 2019, 2:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,406
Gold Stars: 532
Ohman and Hess were absolutely dominant in their respective positions and are very deserving of the acclaim they're getting for it.

But I thought Cook made a massive difference with his energy up top.  Really set the tempo for everyone around him.  

Red card all day in my eyes.  I think it's debatable if there was enough cover when the lad was finally brought down but when the foul started he was clear as day on goal.  No arguments.  
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 75
FishOutOfWater
January 28, 2019, 5:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from diehardmariner
Ohman and Hess were absolutely dominant in their respective positions and are very deserving of the acclaim they're getting for it.

But I thought Cook made a massive difference with his energy up top.  Really set the tempo for everyone around him.  

Red card all day in my eyes.  I think it's debatable if there was enough cover when the lad was finally brought down but when the foul started he was clear as day on goal.  No arguments.  

If that had happened to us we'd have been well miffed if only a yellow had been given I agree

I guess in the overall scheme of things the "challenge" probably did deny a goal scoring opportunity so considering whether we should have to lose a man or to concede a goal.... it all worked out well in the end
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 72 - 75
KingstonMariner
January 28, 2019, 6:06pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

If that had happened to us we'd have been well miffed if only a yellow had been given I agree

I guess in the overall scheme of things the "challenge" probably did deny a goal scoring opportunity so considering whether we should have to lose a man or to concede a goal.... it all worked out well in the end

On the day. Question is if it costs us n subsequent games.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 75
essexexile
January 29, 2019, 12:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +185
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from moss_side_mariner

C’mon guys! We can do better than this. 😄
He’s Swedish. Let’s think ABBA. They’ve got plenty of material to work with. There’s even one called “the winner takes it all”. It rhymes with ball and tall. And what about gimme gimme gimme Ohman after midnight...
I would like 10% of any royalties if you get a song writing deal. 😄😄😄

Mama Mia my my
Ludwig Ludwig Ohman
& repeat repeat repeat
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 75
arryarryarry
January 29, 2019, 4:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from diehardmariner

I fully agree and on that performance he deserves another starting place.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.