8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
January 27, 2019, 12:09pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Thought we were magnificent to a man yesterday in the face I'd adversity.

Loved Embekton pretending he hadn't noticed his number was up when being substituted. Stood there for a good 30 seconds facing the other way until the ref shouted him over... He knew full well he was being subbed 😂👍

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 75
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 27, 2019, 12:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Thought we were magnificent to a man yesterday in the face I'd adversity.

Loved Embekton pretending he hadn't noticed his number was up when being substituted. Stood there for a good 30 seconds facing the other way until the ref shouted him over... He knew full well he was being subbed 😂👍

Not sure if it has been mentioned but how did Lexington get away with that dive in the first half? Cringeworthy and embarrassing.

Re town nobody can argue with the team spirit that exists and to see players hugging each other at the end demonstrated the team ethic MJ has in place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 75
sonofmadeleymariner
January 27, 2019, 12:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Les Brechin
Was Ring injured yesterday or was he just "rested" from the squad?

I'm sure Jolley had said that he was to play Fox so that he could get the send off he deserved.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 75
norfuk mariner
January 27, 2019, 12:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +200
Gold Stars: 2

I'm sure Jolley had said that he was to play Fox so that he could get the send off he deserved.

Jolley said that it was the intention to ease Ring in to the team, but circumstances meant that he was forced to play him when not fit enough after Swedish break.
Having already played on Saturday and Tuesday a further game on Saturday was too much as Ring was exhausted.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 75
mimma
January 27, 2019, 1:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Back to DOGSO debate, this rule was brought in after the cup final where a young Martin Allen was clear through on goal and was brought down from behind by a defender with no attempt to play the ball. It is meant to detere defenders from stopping players who are clean through on goal.

Yesterday the player did not get through but was fouled as he was about to shoot. Fouling a player as he is about to shoot is not DOGSO. If it was then you cannot block a shot and give away a foul without getting sent off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 75
Poojah
January 27, 2019, 1:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,481
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Not sure if it has been mentioned but how did Lexington get away with that dive in the first half? Cringeworthy and embarrassing.

Re town nobody can argue with the team spirit that exists and to see players hugging each other at the end demonstrated the team ethic MJ has in place.

Is there a more dislikeable footballer in the game than Dean Lewington, the cheating, Wimbledon scab? With John Terry now retired, I’m not sure there is.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 75
arryarryarry
January 27, 2019, 2:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Nice comment on the MK Dons forum :-

"Very Finally, I have to say the stewards at Grimsby are top notch, helpful, polite, amusing and are amongst the best I have seen this season...many clubs could do worse than come and watch them in action"
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 75
arryarryarry
January 27, 2019, 2:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Poojah

Is there a more dislikeable footballer in the game than Dean Lewington, the cheating, Wimbledon scab? With John Terry now retired, I’m not sure there is.

That was the view from where we were sat, that he was a cheating little turd.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 75
Mrbump53
January 27, 2019, 6:08pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Thought the goal came at the right time as the whinging person behind me was yelling "this is going nowhere" as it was crossed into the box and headed into the net. Shut him up for at least until the second half !! Think the sending off was dodgy until looked at the highlights when it could be seen that there was no cover near to be factored in. Still looking for their shot on target which the BBC put into the stats. Excellent team work by the 10 men on the field to get the three points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 75
KingstonMariner
January 28, 2019, 12:02am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moss_side_mariner

C’mon guys! We can do better than this. 😄
He’s Swedish. Let’s think ABBA. They’ve got plenty of material to work with. There’s even one called “the winner takes it all”. It rhymes with ball and tall. And what about gimme gimme gimme Ohman after midnight...
I would like 10% of any royalties if you get a song writing deal. 😄😄😄

I was told that's too camp on here the other week. And I thought we'd gone all inclusive.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.