gobby
January 26, 2019, 7:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from LH

‘Last man’ makes no difference in a DOGSO decision. He’s just about to strike the ball at goal and is pulled down in desperation by Davis. If he swings a leg at the ball and catches him instead it’s a yellow because he has attempted to win the ball. Last week wasn’t an obvious goalscoring opportunity because he was 40 yards from goal.

Sorry to disagree but if there is a defender in front then it is not DOGSO, so it does make a difference! IMO I thought the Referee got this one wrong.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 75
pontoonlew
January 26, 2019, 8:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from LH

‘Last man’ makes no difference in a DOGSO decision. He’s just about to strike the ball at goal and is pulled down in desperation by Davis. If he swings a leg at the ball and catches him instead it’s a yellow because he has attempted to win the ball. Last week wasn’t an obvious goalscoring opportunity because he was 40 yards from goal.

Just about to strike the ball at goal? He was 25 yards out, how is that DOGSO?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 75
Mikey_345
January 26, 2019, 8:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,271
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from pontoonlew

The wording I believe is obvious opportunity, not just opportunity. I don’t see how been 20 yards out with a covering defender between you and the goal is obvious.

The fact even town fans can’t agree on it does show it’s not that clear cut.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 75
LH
January 26, 2019, 8:15pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from pontoonlew

Because we’ve been shite all year?

Seriously though most strikers could beat a keeper with a clean strike and clear route at goal from there (he had both of these - just rewatched the replay (as if people are saying we had cover there!)). Is this a more clear chance at goal as Town appealed to the FA that McKeown would have denied this very week?
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 75
Mariner93er
January 26, 2019, 8:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
Was he covering. Davis was dragging the guy for s good few yards which makes it look like Grayson had more time to cover than he did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 75
TAGG
January 26, 2019, 8:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Does any one like me think Ohman is our new Mark Leaver??
Fookin love the bloke 👍

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
January 26, 2019, 8:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from TAGG
Fookin love the bloke 👍

Yes he is a great signing. He will marshall the defence superbly when he really settles in. Good in the air, no-nonsense defending but good enough on the ball and gutsy too as we found out last week after taking one hell of a beating.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 75
TheRealJohnLewis
January 26, 2019, 9:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I've not seen anything yet from today's game but what I have seen he seems very rash in the tackle, like a red card waiting to happen.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 75
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 26, 2019, 9:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,510
Gold Stars: 64
Just a quick mention for Fox whose departure is a real loss to the team as he makes a number of vital interceptions in the box. A couple of slips today but think he will be a big miss not just now but in future seasons as I think he is type of player who would have really progessed.

Final note for the day was calling in to a packed local all watching the Chimps tea party at Bury. After their dubious penalty it was priceless when Bury equalised and the only two people jumping and punching the air was myself and 12 year old son in his Grimsby shirt who was sat next to Lee Frecklington’s dad. To be fair a few angry stares were outweighed by some friendly but abusive banter. Thought Bury looked excellent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 75
Poojah
January 26, 2019, 9:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
Quoted from TAGG
Fookin love the bloke 👍

He’s looked absolutely brilliant to me so far. Wins everything in the air and decent with his feet too.

For a a tall but fairly slight looking guy he doesn’t seem to get bullied either. Could be a gem, definitely.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.