Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Questions for JF.....Trust open evening ?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 141 Guests

Questions for JF.....Trust open evening ?

This thread currently has 6,868 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
January 25, 2019, 8:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS you don't like short sharp posts do you? How long do you think this meeting is going to last? I hope those attending take their pyjamas and a flask of cocoa

No way. Didn't you know flasks are banned?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
Mallyner
January 26, 2019, 7:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,509
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Tommy

I think it's Barralad (may be mistaken) that usually posts the detailed explanation on here about it.

But I think the gist of it is that the bars at BP make around £30k a year. And the Trust were given those bars to run to show that they were a capable organisation basically, so the £30k the bars make (assuming they're run well enough etc) goes to the club from the Trust (which is money they would've had previous to the MT taking over the bars) and the Trust show themselves to be viable business people. I think MT possibly retain anything from the bars over and above the £30k, though I'm not sure.

Can't answer about other directors because I don't know.

Thank you Tommy. it was the other directors financial input that I was referring to initially, as many are sceptical that some of them are not contributing anywhere near that kind of sum.

I assume it must be in the financial figures.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
fivestarfish
January 26, 2019, 8:23am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +23 / -20
Approval: +3
Why is the flask ban not enforced? I have seen people openly drinking from flasks at half time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 51
Ipswin
January 26, 2019, 10:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from KingstonMariner

No way. Didn't you know flasks are banned?

I thought if you put one in your bra you'd be OK

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
wigworld
January 26, 2019, 10:20am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
Have the Board apologised to Matt Dean?

I think this is a perfectly reasonable question, I would word it along the lines of,

'Many of us, as supporters, feel embarassed by the lack of respect shown to Matt Dean at the last fan's forum. Would you take this opportunity tonight to offer a public apology to Matt?'
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 51
forza ivano
January 26, 2019, 10:39am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,138
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from fivestarfish
Why is the flask ban not enforced? I have seen people openly drinking from flasks at half time.

If that is true then there needs to be an immediate investigation. Absolute disgrace. Should be the first question of the evening as to why the ban is not being enforced
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
bluebottle
January 26, 2019, 12:41pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
Quoted from forza ivano

If that is true then there needs to be an immediate investigation. Absolute disgrace. Should be the first question of the evening as to why the ban is not being enforced

Ha ha ha, us flask users laugh in the face of authority. The main stand is the stronghold of the flask boot boys. We have succeeded in making it a no go area. Hot bovril and cocoa rule, ok.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
HertsGTFC
January 26, 2019, 1:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,630
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Bigdog
I think it's extremely important not to get bogged down in current or recent events and concentrate solely on the future of the club. After eighteen years in charge everyone has to accept that there's not going to be a sudden change of ethos when it comes to how the club is run on a day to day basis. The three subjects that need discussing are, parameters set for someone else to take over the club, the new stadium and the lack of inward investment.

My questions are written randomly below. as I can't make it, please free to use any of them if they match what you want to ask. I'll still email them to the Trust beforehand..

Is the club actively looking to relocate to a new stadium? If so, has it the funds to progress with it? Even just the administrative costs, ie architects, planning etc?

Why does there seem to be a lack of clarity about what the council are proposing regarding Freeman Street and why are you in the dark if you're a councillor yourself?

Why do you keep insisting that PP is the best way forward and in another breath outline the reasons why it most likely will never come to fruition?

Are the board of GTFC PLC actively looking for new investment at this present moment in time or have you given up? Are you moving heaven and earth to find external investment that is badly needed or do you think your come and find us attitude will get the job done? And as directors of a PLC shouldn’t it be your primary roles for a PLC that is so badly funded and on paper can't be signed off by the accountant as fully solvent?

If you're looking for new investors, do you think there are better ways to market the club is for sale or open to new investment other than solely the club website which has such a small audience? Do you think this could be improved to widen the net and make it more public knowledge than it is?

As you are the current custodian of the club and whether you want to leave or not the club has to progress. What is your vision for the next five, ten and twenty years for the club or are you maintaining the status quo until you get your money back? If you’re waiting to get your money back, do you think it’s fair on the fans to suffer in the meantime? When your loan is fully repaid, your total investment in the club will stand at 700k, is 700k the investment benchmark for any new investor or does that only apply to you? I say 700k because when you’re paid up and eventually leave, you’re going to hand the shares back to the Trust right?

To date we haven't got anything other than more of the same. Competitive budget, let’s get to 50 points, pack the park etc etc etc. Do you think that is enough to enthuse the fanbase without a long term vision for them to buy into to get more bums on seats? Or is it all on MJ's shoulders and then what happens when he leaves?

I've never doubted that you and SM can balance the books every year and keep the club in a stagnant position but as we're now in 2019 and the football world has moved on at a fast pace in the past thirty years and is leaving us behind in so many ways, we obviously need new investment, fresh ideas and a new stadium. As the custodian of the club can you set out a clear fully costed plan that we can envisage?

Do you think that eighteen years of being perennial League Two strugglers or non-league is an acceptable record on the pitch? If not, why is there so much antagonism towards fans that find that record so unacceptable? After all this time, surely you should be more accepting of that poor record and fully understand that fans are frustrated, and nothing personal, they are just making an honest assessment of your professional record as custodian of the club and have every right to do so as they are the paying customers and emotionally committed for life?

What is your price to leave? And would you write some of the loans off to enable the takeover to invest more in the club rather than it going directly into your pocket? Do you feel personally responsible for the club dropping out of the league and missing out on 3m of EFL payments? If so, do you feel morally obliged to offset this in any way?

Brace yourself for numerous “vanilla” replies to all of the above. Remember he’s a politician after all.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
HertsGTFC
January 26, 2019, 1:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,630
Gold Stars: 217
My questions

1. If buyer was interested what is the valuation of GTFC based upon other than the land BP is sat on?

2. Based upon trading the A shares are worthless who actually owns the B shares in the club?

3. If a buyer came in what liabilities would they be expected to take on?

4. Other than regurgitating the same tired ideas what’s the plan to engage new supporters?

5. What is Michael Chapman’s role at the club and where does he add value?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
GrimRob
January 26, 2019, 9:15pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Where do you see the a) the club, b) yourself in 5 years time?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 49 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Questions for JF.....Trust open evening ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.