Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Questions for JF.....Trust open evening ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 153 Guests

Questions for JF.....Trust open evening ?

This thread currently has 6,916 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
January 25, 2019, 4:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
How much do you estimate being chair / supremo of GTFC has been worth to you during your tenure in terms of advertising for you and your business and personal kudos despite your truly awful record?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 51
lew chaterleys lover
January 25, 2019, 4:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,649
Gold Stars: 234
Can't the trust condense all these questions and get him to give a detailed response? All he uses these types of meetings for is to prove he has the whip hand, which he does. And as an ego boost of course.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
chrissy
January 25, 2019, 5:37pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Can we build the houses at PP and the stadium at Freeman St. ?

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
Bristol Mariner
January 25, 2019, 6:01pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Have the Board apologised to Matt Dean?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
FishOutOfWater
January 25, 2019, 6:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
Have the Board apologised to Matt Dean?

I thought we were supposed to be taking things seriously here?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 51
promotion plaice
January 25, 2019, 7:26pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,994
Gold Stars: 193

John........what's your thoughts about "THE FISHY" forum ?  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
ska face
January 25, 2019, 7:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,540
Gold Stars: 833
Quoted from Tommy

I think it's Barralad (may be mistaken) that usually posts the detailed explanation on here about it.

But I think the gist of it is that the bars at BP make around £30k a year. And the Trust were given those bars to run to show that they were a capable organisation basically, so the £30k the bars make (assuming they're run well enough etc) goes to the club from the Trust (which is money they would've had previous to the MT taking over the bars) and the Trust show themselves to be viable business people. I think MT possibly retain anything from the bars over and above the £30k, though I'm not sure.

Can't answer about other directors because I don't know.

I think it’s absolutely irrelevant whether The Trust, as an entity, could make a few bob as that’s not what they’re there to do. And if we’re judging board members on their ability to bring money into the club, then the current lot would be out on their sorry arses.

The bars have always been a distraction and the £30k has always been a method of tying the Trust’s hands behind its back, preventing them from holding the board to account.

The board either value the opinion of fans, in which case drop the £30k, or they don’t - in which case the Trust should be free to properly get stuck into Fenty & co.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 51
Biccys
January 25, 2019, 8:43pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from ska face

I think it’s absolutely irrelevant whether The Trust, as an entity, could make a few bob as that’s not what they’re there to do. And if we’re judging board members on their ability to bring money into the club, then the current lot would be out on their sorry arses.

The bars have always been a distraction and the £30k has always been a method of tying the Trust’s hands behind its back, preventing them from holding the board to account.

The board either value the opinion of fans, in which case drop the £30k, or they don’t - in which case the Trust should be free to properly get stuck into Fenty & co.

Our major shareholder has zero respect for the trust. Zero. I know this as a fact through the conversation he and I had last year.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 51
KingstonMariner
January 25, 2019, 8:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Biccys

Our major shareholder has zero respect for the trust. Zero. I know this as a fact through the conversation he and I had last year.

Not surprising given the way the Trust from top to bottom caved in and gave him half those shares given by Mike Parker.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
KingstonMariner
January 25, 2019, 8:57pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Can't the trust condense all these questions and get him to give a detailed response? All he uses these types of meetings for is to prove he has the whip hand, which he does. And as an ego boost of course.

Are you joking? That just gives him scope to merge everything together and waffle.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Questions for JF.....Trust open evening ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.