Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Questions for JF.....Trust open evening ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 235 Guests

Questions for JF.....Trust open evening ?

This thread currently has 6,918 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerjase
January 25, 2019, 9:42am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,636
Gold Stars: 147
What is the point of Michael Chapman being on the board? What does he bring to the club? What does he offer other than to side with majority shareholder on any vote?

Do you feel that petty ‘spats’ over the years, with local radio, journalists, fans, message boards etc has been productive? Or should that time spent being involved be used more productively?

Why the stubborn stance on Peakes Parkway, when despite what ‘polls’ might suggest there’s a million and one reasons why it’s not the right location?

What evidence is there of these supposed income streams of suggested ‘annexes’ of new ground?

Why has it been nigh on impossible to have a good working relationship with anyone other than associates?

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 51
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 25, 2019, 10:02am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Why are we here at this meeting when we could be enjoying ourselves?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 51
forza ivano
January 25, 2019, 10:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Mallyner
If the Trust has to pay a large sum to have somebody as a director, how much do the other directors contribute each year?

this!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 51
Tommy
January 25, 2019, 10:37am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Mallyner
If the Trust has to pay a large sum to have somebody as a director, how much do the other directors contribute each year?

Hasn't that been answered numerous times on here as well as at a previous forum.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 51
lew chaterleys lover
January 25, 2019, 11:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
If you are paid all your money in full, in a legal document,  in instalments over an agreed period of time, would you sever all ties with the club to give it some breathing space and the fresh start it so badly needs?
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 51
Bigdog
January 25, 2019, 1:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I think it's extremely important not to get bogged down in current or recent events and concentrate solely on the future of the club. After eighteen years in charge everyone has to accept that there's not going to be a sudden change of ethos when it comes to how the club is run on a day to day basis. The three subjects that need discussing are, parameters set for someone else to take over the club, the new stadium and the lack of inward investment.

My questions are written randomly below. as I can't make it, please free to use any of them if they match what you want to ask. I'll still email them to the Trust beforehand..

Is the club actively looking to relocate to a new stadium? If so, has it the funds to progress with it? Even just the administrative costs, ie architects, planning etc?

Why does there seem to be a lack of clarity about what the council are proposing regarding Freeman Street and why are you in the dark if you're a councillor yourself?

Why do you keep insisting that PP is the best way forward and in another breath outline the reasons why it most likely will never come to fruition?

Are the board of GTFC PLC actively looking for new investment at this present moment in time or have you given up? Are you moving heaven and earth to find external investment that is badly needed or do you think your come and find us attitude will get the job done? And as directors of a PLC shouldn’t it be your primary roles for a PLC that is so badly funded and on paper can't be signed off by the accountant as fully solvent?

If you're looking for new investors, do you think there are better ways to market the club is for sale or open to new investment other than solely the club website which has such a small audience? Do you think this could be improved to widen the net and make it more public knowledge than it is?

As you are the current custodian of the club and whether you want to leave or not the club has to progress. What is your vision for the next five, ten and twenty years for the club or are you maintaining the status quo until you get your money back? If you’re waiting to get your money back, do you think it’s fair on the fans to suffer in the meantime? When your loan is fully repaid, your total investment in the club will stand at 700k, is 700k the investment benchmark for any new investor or does that only apply to you? I say 700k because when you’re paid up and eventually leave, you’re going to hand the shares back to the Trust right?

To date we haven't got anything other than more of the same. Competitive budget, let’s get to 50 points, pack the park etc etc etc. Do you think that is enough to enthuse the fanbase without a long term vision for them to buy into to get more bums on seats? Or is it all on MJ's shoulders and then what happens when he leaves?

I've never doubted that you and SM can balance the books every year and keep the club in a stagnant position but as we're now in 2019 and the football world has moved on at a fast pace in the past thirty years and is leaving us behind in so many ways, we obviously need new investment, fresh ideas and a new stadium. As the custodian of the club can you set out a clear fully costed plan that we can envisage?

Do you think that eighteen years of being perennial League Two strugglers or non-league is an acceptable record on the pitch? If not, why is there so much antagonism towards fans that find that record so unacceptable? After all this time, surely you should be more accepting of that poor record and fully understand that fans are frustrated, and nothing personal, they are just making an honest assessment of your professional record as custodian of the club and have every right to do so as they are the paying customers and emotionally committed for life?

What is your price to leave? And would you write some of the loans off to enable the takeover to invest more in the club rather than it going directly into your pocket? Do you feel personally responsible for the club dropping out of the league and missing out on 3m of EFL payments? If so, do you feel morally obliged to offset this in any way?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 51
Ipswin
January 25, 2019, 2:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Bigdog
I think it's extremely important not to get bogged down in current or recent events and concentrate solely on the future of the club. After eighteen years in charge everyone has to accept that there's not going to be a sudden change of ethos when it comes to how the club is run on a day to day basis. The three subjects that need discussing are, parameters set for someone else to take over the club, the new stadium and the lack of inward investment.

My questions are written randomly below. as I can't make it, please free to use any of them if they match what you want to ask. I'll still email them to the Trust beforehand..

Is the club actively looking to relocate to a new stadium? If so, has it the funds to progress with it? Even just the administrative costs, ie architects, planning etc?

Why does there seem to be a lack of clarity about what the council are proposing regarding Freeman Street and why are you in the dark if you're a councillor yourself?

Why do you keep insisting that PP is the best way forward and in another breath outline the reasons why it most likely will never come to fruition?

Are the board of GTFC PLC actively looking for new investment at this present moment in time or have you given up? Are you moving heaven and earth to find external investment that is badly needed or do you think your come and find us attitude will get the job done? And as directors of a PLC shouldn’t it be your primary roles for a PLC that is so badly funded and on paper can't be signed off by the accountant as fully solvent?

If you're looking for new investors, do you think there are better ways to market the club is for sale or open to new investment other than solely the club website which has such a small audience? Do you think this could be improved to widen the net and make it more public knowledge than it is?

As you are the current custodian of the club and whether you want to leave or not the club has to progress. What is your vision for the next five, ten and twenty years for the club or are you maintaining the status quo until you get your money back? If you’re waiting to get your money back, do you think it’s fair on the fans to suffer in the meantime? When your loan is fully repaid, your total investment in the club will stand at 700k, is 700k the investment benchmark for any new investor or does that only apply to you? I say 700k because when you’re paid up and eventually leave, you’re going to hand the shares back to the Trust right?

To date we haven't got anything other than more of the same. Competitive budget, let’s get to 50 points, pack the park etc etc etc. Do you think that is enough to enthuse the fan base and provide a vision for them to buy into and get more bums on seats? Or is it all on MJ's shoulders and then what happens when he leaves?

I've never doubted that you and SM can balance the books every year and keep the club in a stagnant position but as we're now in 2019 and the football world has moved on at a fast pace in the past thirty years and is leaving us behind in so many ways, we obviously need new investment, fresh ideas and a new stadium. As the custodian of the club can you set out a clear fully costed plan that we can envisage?

Do you think that eighteen years of being perennial League Two strugglers or non-league is an acceptable record on the pitch? If not, why is there so much antagonism towards fans that find that record so unacceptable? After all this time, surely you should be more accepting of that poor record and fully understand that fans are frustrated, and nothing personal, they are just making an honest assessment of your professional record as custodian of the club and have every right to do so as they are the paying customers and emotionally committed for life?

What is your price to leave? And would you write some of the loans off to enable the takeover to invest more in the club rather than it going directly into your pocket? Do you feel personally responsible for the club dropping out of the league and missing out on 3m of EFL payments? If so, do you feel morally obliged to offset this in any way?

FFS you don't like short sharp posts do you? How long do you think this meeting is going to last? I hope those attending take their pyjamas and a flask of cocoa

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 51
Mallyner
January 25, 2019, 2:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Tommy

Hasn't that been answered numerous times on here as well as at a previous forum.

I wasn't at the forum Tommy and can't remember a specific answer on here, but I have seen several people mention some are perhaps on good freebies, for little contribution.

Perhaps you could inform us of their financial input?  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 51
Tommy
January 25, 2019, 3:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Mallyner

I wasn't at the forum Tommy and can't remember a specific answer on here, but I have seen several people mention some are perhaps on good freebies, for little contribution.

Perhaps you could inform us of their financial input?  

I think it's Barralad (may be mistaken) that usually posts the detailed explanation on here about it.

But I think the gist of it is that the bars at BP make around £30k a year. And the Trust were given those bars to run to show that they were a capable organisation basically, so the £30k the bars make (assuming they're run well enough etc) goes to the club from the Trust (which is money they would've had previous to the MT taking over the bars) and the Trust show themselves to be viable business people. I think MT possibly retain anything from the bars over and above the £30k, though I'm not sure.

Can't answer about other directors because I don't know.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 51
Bigdog
January 25, 2019, 3:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS you don't like short sharp posts do you? How long do you think this meeting is going to last? I hope those attending take their pyjamas and a flask of cocoa

No
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Questions for JF.....Trust open evening ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.