1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
WetFlannel
January 23, 2019, 7:58am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
So I was thinking about our recent form and comparing to the way we were playing this time last year, and it got me wondering about our form in each month since rejoining the EFL in 2016.

This led me to working out our points per game in each month of the last three seasons.

August- 1.0 PPG
September- 1.0 PPG
October- 1.6 PPG
November- 1.38 PPG
December- 1.42 PPG
January- 0.78 PPG
February- 0.9 PPG
March- 0.7 PPG
April- 1.63 PPG
May- 1.0 PPG (we’ve only played one game in May, which was a 1-1 draw with Plymouth on 6 May 2017.

Basically, if you combine our results from each of the last three seasons we have had our weakest form in the first three months of the year.

Hopefully with a few additions in the next week we can change this and shake our start of the year voodoo.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Abdul19
January 23, 2019, 8:30am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
*pedant alert*

The FGR away game last season was also in May.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
KingstonMariner
January 23, 2019, 11:58am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Abdul19
*pedant alert*

The FGR away game last season was also in May.

Which would automatically make May our best month on average with 2 points.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
Posh Harry
January 23, 2019, 12:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Blimey. Some people really do have too much time on their hands!!

Have you thought about trying charity work 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
GrimRob
January 23, 2019, 2:39pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Can anyone explain the poor form at the start of the year? Are our training facilities not up to scratch in winter? The cold effects us? Contract discussions? Or just random noise?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 7
WetFlannel
January 23, 2019, 5:23pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from GrimRob
Can anyone explain the poor form at the start of the year? Are our training facilities not up to scratch in winter? The cold effects us? Contract discussions? Or just random noise?

I still feel like it’s hard to extrapolate too much from what is effectively three separate squads. The sample size is roughly 8 or so games each month and a single win can swing things one way or another. I do wonder the extent these kind of things are considered though. Although I imagine our club is the opposite of Bielsa, where instead of analysing everything we just look at the Wikipedia pages of clubs we play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
lew chaterleys lover
January 23, 2019, 7:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from GrimRob

Didn't we have the infamous fans forum late November when Slade was having a decent run? His antics that night (I still shudder) was an insult to the football club and all the decent people attached to it (including players) and set the seeds for a sharp decline. He then made sure by selling our best players in January.

Didn't Mr Fenty burst the optimistic bubble the other week when we were doing well, by dismissing a new stadium and talk of a takeover?

I have noticed that he chooses the moments when we are doing comparatively well, to give him some cover for shooting from the hip.

I don't know whether this could be a factor...
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
wigworld
January 23, 2019, 9:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from GrimRob

"Need time to gel".  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Monthly Form Since 2016

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.