7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
BackHeelTony
January 21, 2019, 12:18pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Gold Stars: 1
Looks to me like Mike Dean has used VAR here. There is no way he sent Mecca off for serious foul play at the time.

He's looked at the video after, seen Macca got the ball first(so he can't be sent off for denying a goal scoring oportunity) and decided that the only way this will stand up is if he changes it to serious foul play(as Macca's foot was a bit high)

Unfortunately I expect the fa to side with this poor excuse of a ref!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 60
Hagrid
January 21, 2019, 12:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,385
Gold Stars: 528
this is a panel that knew Wes thomas's red wasnt a red but instead of making a stand, they declared it an Unduly Harsh red without wiping the bloody penalty. Bunch of cowards the flipping lot of them
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 60
grimsby pete
January 21, 2019, 12:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
They might reduce the ban to one game ,

BUT

They might increase it to tour games,

Its a good job we got Russell.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 60
rancido
January 21, 2019, 1:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 120870[b
]Looks to me like Mike Dean has used VAR here. There is no way he sent Mecca off for serious foul play at the time.

[/b]He's looked at the video after, seen Macca got the ball first(so he can't be sent off for denying a goal scoring oportunity) and decided that the only way this will stand up is if he changes it to serious foul play(as Macca's foot was a bit high)

Unfortunately I expect the fa to side with this poor excuse of a ref!

I wasn't aware that Sincil Bank had VAR installed.
As far as the appeal is concerned, it is worth a shout. The most we could get added to his ban is one match but if the appeal is upheld then we could get it reduced to just one match or even completely rescinded.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 60
Bigdog
January 21, 2019, 1:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Although relatively untested, anyone else think that Russell did ok when he came on? Not a bad stand in to have and his kicking was noticeably more secure and accurate with a flatter trajectory than Macca's..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 60
Maringer
January 21, 2019, 1:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,407
Gold Stars: 184
Russell is a good keeper, so they obviously think it's worth the risk of an additional match being added to the ban.

Wouldn't surprise me if their submission to video evidence included footage of and mention of the elbows to try and influence the panel! Best get Ohman and his black eyes to introduce it as well!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 60
ginnywings
January 21, 2019, 2:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
The amount of red cards we have had this season is astonishing. We are not even a dirty side. and i've seen far worse culprits than us this season. Lincoln and a few other teams take gamesmanship to a new level, yet seem to get away with it in the main.  

Watching MOTD last night and Sterling got hacked down in the box. Stone wall penalty no question, and the ref just waived play on. I often wonder what they are seeing, and it's obvious they have never played the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 60
FishOutOfWater
January 21, 2019, 2:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings
The amount of red cards we have had this season is astonishing. We are not even a dirty side. and i've seen far worse culprits than us this season. Lincoln and a few other teams take gamesmanship to a new level, yet seem to get away with it in the main.  

Watching MOTD last night and Sterling got hacked down in the box. Stone wall penalty no question, and the ref just waived play on. I often wonder what they are seeing, and it's obvious they have never played the game.

I know two wrongs don't make a right but it cancels out the penalty that City won a short while back when Sterling fell over his own legs without the opposition being anywhere near him
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 60
TwoLeftFeet
January 21, 2019, 2:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,069
Gold Stars: 18
I think the fact that our team doesn't seem to surround the ref and hound him like some other teams in this league goes against us.

I'm not saying I want to see us do that but wonder if we are too nice compared to some who seem to get at the refs a lot more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 60
January 21, 2019, 3:10pm
Guest User
Walkers foul received a yellow card and was worse than Maccas. One law for..............
Reply: 19 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town to appeal against Maccas red card

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.