Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Meanwhile, up in Scotland......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 235 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 10.

Meanwhile, up in Scotland......

This thread currently has 3,491 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
BarkerDan10
January 20, 2019, 12:37am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +202
Fantastic result, I follow the West of Scotland league due to my dad living in Largs, not too far from Largs Thistle’s ground and it’s a fantastic result not just for Auchinleck but for football in Ayrshire and the junior football scene in Scotland as a whole.

Sailing In International Waters, my first book about Grimsby Town’s international players available from
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Saili.....589795010&sr=8-1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
lukeo
January 20, 2019, 8:40am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Love an underdog win, well done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
KingstonMariner
January 20, 2019, 8:40am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Saw the goal on the news this morning. Was that you in the butcher's coat Jock?  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
PrestwichMariner
January 20, 2019, 8:42am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 5
Watched the game - thought you easily deserved the win and was impressed with the standard of play. Good luck in the next round!

Wearing badges is not enough in days like these!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
Paris Mariner
January 20, 2019, 12:04pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
I saw this on the Scottish Cup highlights on Sportscene this morning. Well done. Hibs went through too  

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 19
jock dock tower
January 20, 2019, 2:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
It was a superb day all round. I only got back from Tenerife at 9pm the night before and quickly reactivated the Paddy Power account I last used during the 2016 Olympics and got £20 on at 14/1. There was a huge disparity between what Power, Bet 365 (both at 14/1) and the other bookies though, with Hills only offering 8/1 on the day.

Draw for the ext round after the Hearts vs Livingston tie this afternoon. Am starting to shake....

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
Mariner Ronnie
January 20, 2019, 4:31pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Hopefully you draw Celtic and rout them!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
January 20, 2019, 4:54pm
Guest User
Hearts next round away.
Reply: 17 - 19
dapperz fun pub
January 20, 2019, 5:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,905
Gold Stars: 82
That’s a fantastic draw for them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
jock dock tower
January 20, 2019, 7:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
It is for Hearts funnily enough because we'll have a huge away support with us.

We've got unfinished business there. We played them in the Cup in 2011-12 and they scored in the 84th minute to take the lead and we had an equalising goal wrongly chalked off for offside in the 94th minute. When the draw was made for the game the Hearts club secretary was quoted in the press the next day saying that the club were very pleased with the draw because only the Old Firm or Hibs would have taken a bigger support to Tynecastle! We had about 2,700 - 2,800 there on the day and I hope we can add another 50% on top of that given the exposure we've had.

We made about £40k from that game and it was wisely invested in two new players, but more importantly in the infrastructure. We won the next four Super League titles on the back of that cash.

Yesterday we made £32k from the BBC, plus the crowd takings. We spent £12k of that before getting it on frost free covers for the pitch. If the game had been postponed we'd not get anything from them, so we've again invested in our infrastructure for the future. We're bound to be on the BEEB again, being the only non league club left in the competition, and the back story of our previous tie with Hearts, and I assume that'll be in the region of £45 - £50k for us. Without benign loans to pay off everything will be spent on the club and it will keep us going financially for the next five or six years.

When the club asked for help from supporters yesterday morning to help take off the covers over 70 folk turned up at 7am to do so. It's that kind of club. We're going to attract a lot more media coverage and again that's only going to b beneficial to the club. BTW, bar the players and management of the club there are no paid employees, everyone does their job voluntarily. Our committee have folk with 30 plus years service on it, and that's the real secret of our success - every penny we get automatically goes back into the club.

Think the game will be moved to the Sunday as Scotland host Ireland in the 6 Nations at Murrayfield on the Saturday and Hearts never play at home when Scotland are playing there due to the close proximity of both stadia.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Meanwhile, up in Scotland......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.