3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
January 19, 2019, 9:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Yep. His silence on the elbowing spoke volumes.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
RichMariner
January 19, 2019, 9:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
I'm glad he doesn't fly off the handle.

I'm of the opinion that, sometimes, it's more effective to be deliberately evasive and leave things unsaid than to actually rant on the topic at length.

Everyone is capable of reading between the lines. We know what he wanted to say, so there's no mystery.

He could've said: 'It was a clear elbow and we're fuming that Mike Dean didn't send their guy off just two weeks after one of our guys got sent off for a lesser challenge in a game that just happened to have VAR'.

Whether he did or didn't, doesn't matter. The last thing we want is our manager getting into hot water after how much we bang on about Danny Cowley's conduct.

He rose above it. This sort of attitude wins out in the long run.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
MuddyWaters
January 19, 2019, 9:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from RichMariner
I'm glad he doesn't fly off the handle.

I'm of the opinion that, sometimes, it's more effective to be deliberately evasive and leave things unsaid than to actually rant on the topic at length.

Everyone is capable of reading between the lines. We know what he wanted to say, so there's no mystery.

He could've said: 'It was a clear elbow and we're fuming that Mike Dean didn't send their guy off just two weeks after one of our guys got sent off for a lesser challenge in a game that just happened to have VAR'.

Whether he did or didn't, doesn't matter. The last thing we want is our manager getting into hot water after how much we bang on about Danny Cowley's conduct.

He rose above it. [b]This sort of attitude wins out in the long run.[b/b]

We’ve just lost to our neighbours barely getting a shot on goal. They will be a division above us next year, I only see one winner.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
chaos33
January 19, 2019, 9:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Inescapable truth

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
HertsGTFC
January 19, 2019, 10:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,638
Gold Stars: 217
I loved the "see out of both eyes" comment.

I know the Cowley's will be stroking their pieces when they go up but in the game their antics and the way their team plays will at the very least mean they get zero respect from other managers,  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
MuddyWaters
January 19, 2019, 10:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I loved the "see out of both eyes" comment.

I know the Cowley's will be stroking their pieces when they go up but in the game their antics and the way their team plays will at the very least mean they get zero respect from other managers,  

Well, like it or not, this January is going pretty much the same as last year.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
Azimuth
January 19, 2019, 10:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 58
Quoted from Chrisblor

Well I mean if you read between the lines he basically did, in a very diplomatic fashion. Enjoyed his comments about Öhman's performance and the two incidents he was involved in. Will be interesting to see if there's any decent footage of them both.

Would be interesting to see photos of the aftermath of those horrific incidents, I mean perhaps the club should be respectfully asking questions as to how a player can be on the recieving end and end up with injuries that prevent him seeing out of both eyea properly, if it happened in the street it would be nothing less than an assault!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
HertsGTFC
January 19, 2019, 11:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,638
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well, like it or not, this January is going pretty much the same as last year.

In terms of points yes but in terms of the players playing and trusting the manager I’d suggest it’s a world if difference!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
Gaffer58
January 20, 2019, 3:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Although Jolley was his usual diplomatic self, is there any official way the club can bring the elbow incidents to the leagues attention. I don't know if the ref would have mentioned them in his report,then maybe in future games refs can be forewarned of what to look out for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
jamesgtfc
January 20, 2019, 3:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Gaffer58
Although Jolley was his usual diplomatic self, is there any official way the club can bring the elbow incidents to the leagues attention. I don't know if the ref would have mentioned them in his report,then maybe in future games refs can be forewarned of what to look out for.

I believe that because O'Connor received a yellow for it, he cannot be punished retrospectively. However, Akinde wasn't punished for that one so he could be punished I guess.

There was also an incident where the referee made Öhman leave the pitch as he had been treated. However, because a player had been booked for the foul, Öhman did not need to leave the pitch!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Post Lincoln interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.