Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › We are too nice and easy to play against,
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 324 Guests

We are too nice and easy to play against,

This thread currently has 4,395 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Yoda
January 19, 2019, 4:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,976
Gold Stars: 65
I think we are too nice to play against, we have very little physical presence in midfield and up front.
Our squad is full of lightweight and small players who are easily bossed on the pitch.
I think most managers know that if they don’t concede they beat us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
January 19, 2019, 4:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,986
Gold Stars: 508
Well even i could tell you that if a team doesnt concede they’ve got a chance of winning. However why do you not post when we win? During our good run you were absent? Yes we are too nice, we need someone on at the ref, we need to go down.... yet we have one of the worst disciplinary records in the league
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
WesternMariner
January 19, 2019, 5:32pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +881
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Yoda
I think we are too nice to play against, we have very little physical presence in midfield and up front.
Our squad is full of lightweight and small players who are easily bossed on the pitch.
I think most managers know that if they don’t concede they beat us.

Yoda - talk balderdash you do. Never when we win you post. Off urine why don’t you?

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
Yoda
January 19, 2019, 5:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,976
Gold Stars: 65
I haven’t posted when we have won because i have always thought it was more luck than judgement.
I really want us to win but feel we are a poor small side and soft touch.
I have been to 5 games this season and seen us score 1 penalty and lose every game convincingly including Macclesfield.
Fenty is the issue no investment and boy does it shoe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
KingstonMariner
January 19, 2019, 6:06pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Yoda
I haven’t posted when we have won because i have always thought it was more luck than judgement.
I really want us to win but feel we are a poor small side and soft touch.
I have been to 5 games this season and seen us score 1 penalty and lose every game convincingly including Macclesfield.
Fenty is the issue no investment and boy does it shoe.

Is that some hip phrase used by kids these days? Is it like 'dem chunes iz well shoe'

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
Bristol Mariner
January 19, 2019, 8:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Hagrid
Well even i could tell you that if a team doesnt concede they’ve got a chance of winning. However why do you not post when we win? During our good run you were absent? Yes we are too nice, we need someone on at the ref, we need to go down.... yet we have one of the worst disciplinary records in the league

This will take a year or two to work. What TF do you expect with no money. It’s a million times better than anything served up since we went down.

Go watch The Voice

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
Hagrid
January 19, 2019, 8:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,986
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

This will take a year or two to work. What TF do you expect with no money. It’s a million times better than anything served up since we went down.

Go watch The Voice

You’ve quoted the wrong post pal.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
H19P1
January 19, 2019, 8:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Were a team in transition so expect ups and downs along the way. Slow and steady will win the race with MJ in charge we're in safe hands.

It's clear that he knows what he wants and will build a team to suit just that.

January and summer transfer window should see us right 😎

It's very clear to us all about the need for additional firepower, MJ will know this also. I trust him to get someone who fits the team instead of buying for the sake of it.

Come on all let's push onto next game and give it our all 💪
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
RichMariner
January 19, 2019, 9:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Ask Tranmere if we're too easy to play against.

Ask Exeter if we're too easy to play against.

Ask Crystal Palace if we're too easy to play against.

Ask any striker in this division whether James McKeown is too easy to score against.

I get that there will naturally be some frustration on a night after a defeat - particularly if it was against a local rival and a sequence of defeats - but we've lost to two teams gunning for automatic promotion and a team near that bottom but whose form has been better than that.

We've just signed some new players, we're giving younger players a chance and a philosophy like that won't suddenly work overnight.

This club has been in the doldrums for too long now. You don't just emerge from a pit of despair with a four-game winning run. It'll take seasons to truly turn this ship round.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
MuddyWaters
January 19, 2019, 9:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,884
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from RichMariner
Ask Tranmere if we're too easy to play against.

Ask Exeter if we're too easy to play against.

Ask Crystal Palace if we're too easy to play against.

Ask any striker in this division whether James McKeown is too easy to score against.

I get that there will naturally be some frustration on a night after a defeat - particularly if it was against a local rival and a sequence of defeats - but we've lost to two teams gunning for automatic promotion and a team near that bottom but whose form has been better than that.

We've just signed some new players, we're giving younger players a chance and a philosophy like that won't suddenly work overnight.

This club has been in the doldrums for too long now. You don't just emerge from a pit of despair with a four-game winning run. It'll take seasons to truly turn this ship round.

I know I’m banging on a very old drum, but how many more seasons does this regime need?

Failure to recruit strikers has been an ongoing problem, and then when we did get one, we let him go.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › We are too nice and easy to play against,

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.