Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joe Grayson Signs (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 281 Guests

Joe Grayson Signs (merged)

This thread currently has 9,883 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
January 18, 2019, 2:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from rancido

I just don't buy into this argument. Once you play a big beast of a centre forward then the tendancy is to lump it towards him. This is " egg and milk " to the majority of centre halves at this level. There are many variations on playing with the ball on the deck to give you a plan B and these are the areas we need to be developing.

With that said, ask yourself why Lincoln are top of this league...
It's not about the punt forward as much as at set pieces and crosses where we are massively under sized...it's shown this season that when we play "footballing" teams we perform relatively well but against the bigger, more physical sides we wilt...that's what I mean about that bulky boy in there, someone who will give centre halves something to think about rather than them not having to lift a foot off the floor to clear the ball out the air...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
hheh2
January 18, 2019, 2:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Good luck to the lad and I hope he does well for us but I'm still bewildered why we are signing players for positions we have covered...talking midfield role rather than his defensive role...and not addressing the fact we need a decent, 6 foot plus beastly centre forward...
We are in league 2 and need more of a physical presence on the pitch....
Don't get me wrong, it's great to watch when we play the ball on the ground and tear through defences but we have no plan B and in this league you need that big bully in the box...
Not being negative just being realistic

Lots of teams in this league have success by playing with ball to feet in the enemy half, Exeter, Mansfield etc

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
Abdul19
January 18, 2019, 2:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Just because we've signed a defender/midfielder bloke doesn't mean we aren't also trying to sign a striker bloke.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
Mallyner
January 18, 2019, 2:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

With that said, ask yourself why Lincoln are top of this league...
It's not about the punt forward as much as at set pieces and crosses where we are massively under sized...it's shown this season that when we play "footballing" teams we perform relatively well but against the bigger, more physical sides we wilt...that's what I mean about that bulky boy in there, someone who will give centre halves something to think about rather than them not having to lift a foot off the floor to clear the ball out the air...

If it's a bulky boy we need, I have that attribute.  

Good luck to Joe and welcome.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
promotion plaice
January 18, 2019, 2:33pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Welcome to GTFC Joe.

"Grayson will be available for selection for tomorrow's visit to Lincoln City."

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/grayson-signs-until-end-of-season/

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
malkamalka
January 18, 2019, 2:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Why is he pictured playing against Tomas Rosicky of Arsenal, who finished playing for The Gunners nearly 4 years ago?

It says in GT that he broke into the U23's in 2017 and made his senior debut against Lincoln last year.

Arsenal last played Blackburn in 2013.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
Tommy
January 18, 2019, 2:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from malkamalka
Why is he pictured playing against Tomas Rosicky of Arsenal, who finished playing for The Gunners nearly 4 years ago?

It says in GT that he broke into the U23's in 2017 and made his senior debut against Lincoln last year.

Arsenal last played Blackburn in 2013.

I don't think that picture the Telegraph have used is actually him.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
Grimal
January 18, 2019, 3:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Don't know if he will go straight in the team tomorrow but he has played against City in the Carabao Cup in August 2018 when Blackburn thrashed them 4-1  . He played the full 90 mins at left back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
Maringer
January 18, 2019, 3:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from forza ivano
please can we have a lump of a centre forward next ?

Retired years ago, unfortunately.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 18, 2019, 3:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Tommy
immediate two thoughts on this:

1) is this a benefit of our work and help with Embleton and his development being noticed and other teams being happy for their young prospects to come here?

2) from what I can find, he's a left footed defender who's been playing centre-back but can also cover left-back. Are we about to about to have another go at 3-5-2?

I think this is Jolley's preferred option too. We would see this lad at left side centre and Ring at left wing back. He is trying for belt and braces though isn't he Tom? He wants players who can cover a 3 or a 4 at the back or a wing back all available in his squad.

Having said that and I am all in favour of building a team from the back and midfielders getting forward, but we need goals like fish need water and I hope we see a reliable goalscorer through the door pretty soon.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joe Grayson Signs (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.