3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
monkeyboy
January 14, 2019, 11:07am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
So this is not just a knee jerk reaction to the poor game against Mac but i have been thinking to myself what do people see in Pringle.
I mean for me i have not seen to many good performances from the lad and think as a team we are suffering for it, would young Max Wright be any worse?

For me its an area that needs improving along with a target man an a defensive mid who will let the embleton and vernam get on with creating,

Just my thoughts and im sure people will disagree about Pringle but for a Championship player doesnt half look bad value, hope we dont cover the complete wage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
marinerdazza
January 14, 2019, 11:21am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
He's the only one who can take a corner. Good passer of the ball too. Unfair to put him under the spotlight, they were all a bit subdued. Not surprising given the circumstances of the week before.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
monkeyboy
January 14, 2019, 11:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from marinerdazza
He's the only one who can take a corner. Good passer of the ball too. Unfair to put him under the spotlight, they were all a bit subdued. Not surprising given the circumstances of the week before.

But its like i said it not based on that one game but since he has been here, most of the other players have bad days too but this is based over the season so far.
Not trying spotlight anyone but like anyone else i think its a weakness in the team and weakness should not be tolerated.

And you cant be in the team just for corners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
TAGG
January 14, 2019, 11:25am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
He is a very good player for this level.
For one thing we haven't had a player who can stick a cross in like him for years 👍
Hunting for scapegoat?????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
marinerdazza
January 14, 2019, 11:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Quoted from monkeyboy

But its like i said it not based on that one game but since he has been here, most of the other players have bad days too but this is based over the season so far.
Not trying spotlight anyone but like anyone else i think its a weakness in the team and weakness should not be tolerated.

And you cant be in the team just for corners.

IMO, it's the only one where I've particularly noticed him being off his game. And as I've said, it's not just corners, he's a good passer of the ball too. Is regularly applauded when he comes off. If I had to pick out anything, I think he's slightly off the pace to be a winger, but if he was fast, he'd still be in the championship.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
Croxton
January 14, 2019, 11:36am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Don't know the terms of Wright's loan but with so many injuries affecting our quicker players like A Rose, Vernam, Clifton, Famewo etc. we could do with his energy right now. Watching his performances (highlights only) it does seem that Max looks after the ball well and is comfortable in possession. He can put crosses in from deep or attack the box. His recovery speed defensively helps his slower fullback too. He is not afraid to  use his left foot when needed. He may appear lightweight but challenges for his share of headers.
Well worth a few cameos if injuries continue.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
Southwark Mariner
January 14, 2019, 11:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Quoted from Croxton
Don't know the terms of Wright's loan but with so many injuries affecting our quicker players like A Rose, Vernam, Clifton, Famewo etc. we could do with his energy right now. Watching his performances (highlights only) it does seem that Max looks after the ball well and is comfortable in possession. He can put crosses in from deep or attack the box. His recovery speed defensively helps his slower fullback too. He is not afraid to  use his left foot when needed. He may appear lightweight but challenges for his share of headers.
Well worth a few cameos if injuries continue.

Possibly a similar situation to Embleton. Maybe Jolley wants him to get as many full games possible ready for next season?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
Hagrid
January 14, 2019, 11:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
Think you’re being very harsh indeed. Good player, just had an off day as did all of them
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
Kris2
January 14, 2019, 11:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
I think this is exactly a knee jerk reaction for a loss lol. Looking for somebody to blame for it and a reason why we lost. It was simply that alpha male Sol has inspired his team to be more alpha and take the game to the home team. We had no response to his alpha power so gave up. Can't win them all  .
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
Jarmo.Is.God
January 14, 2019, 11:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Some town fans are incredible.
Seen it on here, Facebook and Twitter....

A good month didn't turn us into a promotion team, if you thought that, your deluded.

1 loss doesn't turn us back into a relegation team.

Support the team through the good and the bad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pringle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.