HertsGTFC
January 13, 2019, 9:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from moosey_club

In my defence i always go down to the catering on 33 mins to avoid the queues....whilst stood there yesterday Mitch gave the 2nd goal away.
I imagine quite a few in the Upper Smiths do similar as they can glimpse the game on the monitors downstairs whilst also trying to avoid the ridiculous queues that build up.

I fully agree that the only way you can get “refreshments” at BP is to miss a proportion of the game. As you t looks like we are staying for a while there has to be a better way.

Re the OP I fail to see how you can “contribute” if you never go to games or buy the odd bit of tat fro the shop.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
Marinerz93
January 13, 2019, 9:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
The away fans coming to BP over the years has always been in the bottom 3 of what ever league we are in unless the away team has a chance or is in the promotion spots.

Then you have to look at the ambition of the board, and how that reflects on the team and football on offer. We do quite well considering the Fenty football fortune we have had since he has been either in the hot seat or major share holder.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
Maringer
January 13, 2019, 9:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Huddersfield have obviously done worse since they moved to their new stadium. They've not won the League Championship once since then. They won it 3 years in a row when playing at Leeds Road!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
KingstonMariner
January 13, 2019, 10:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Maringer
Huddersfield have obviously done worse since they moved to their new stadium. They've not won the League Championship once since then. They won it 3 years in a row when playing at Leeds Road!

Hah hah! Lies, damned lies and statistics eh?!

[for the avoidance of doubt, yes I know Huddersfield did win the League 3 seasons in a row]

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
Limerick Mariner
January 14, 2019, 9:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,664
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Hah hah! Lies, damned lies and statistics eh?!

[for the avoidance of doubt, yes I know Huddersfield did win the League 3 seasons in a row]

But Leeds Road was a new stadium - only 15 years old when they started their 3 year run...

Hadn't appreciated that HTFC are Johnny Come Latelys - founded in 1908! Thirty years after Town. Also looking at the attendances for fixtures between the clubs in the 30's - they aren't a bigger club at all!

HTFC are the only club to have played in every division at two different grounds...get a new stadium and Town could be the second club - that is your objective JF...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
KingstonMariner
January 14, 2019, 1:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

But Leeds Road was a new stadium - only 15 years old when they started their 3 year run...

Hadn't appreciated that HTFC are Johnny Come Latelys - founded in 1908! Thirty years after Town. Also looking at the attendances for fixtures between the clubs in the 30's - they aren't a bigger club at all!

HTFC are the only club to have played in every division at two different grounds...get a new stadium and Town could be the second club - that is your objective JF...

See that's why I love history. The deeper you dig, the more you find.  

Most of the big city clubs were Johnnie Come-Latelys. In many of them the senior 'football' clubs were of the Rugby variety (League or Union). The Football League bent over backwards to get 'soccer' clubs from the cities into the League.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › THE PLASTICS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.