Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Debuts
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 170 Guests

Debuts

This thread currently has 3,705 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
January 12, 2019, 8:18pm
Guest User
I thought Ring played well -was really quite shaky and made a few errors to start off (very understandable, new club, new country etc) , but he really grew into the game, you could tell he knew he'd not started well, and instead of losing confidence, he showed a bit of steel and got stuck in, liked his attacking runs and direct play. Though he could have crossed it a bit more and perhaps panicked a bit under pressure. I was worried that when I saw Mitch warning up that MJ was going to take ring off! Also thought that öhman didn't really lay a foot wrong when he came on, good areal presence, strong and physical - really steadied the ship... - some positives from an otherwise uninspired performance
Northbank Mariner
January 12, 2019, 8:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,441
Gold Stars: 171
Have to say Ring looked more at ease with Vernham than Pringle, they seemed to be more positive together than the latter..
Ohman looked immense in the air, his headers are powerful and clears the lines quite impressively, all in all pretty good debuts from them both...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
promotion plaice
January 12, 2019, 8:26pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,994
Gold Stars: 193

"Debuts"........Paul Wilkinson's wasn't too shabby, scored for Town with his first touch of the ball I think.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
Abdul19
January 12, 2019, 8:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from promotion plaice

"Debuts"........Paul Wilkinson's wasn't too shabby, scored for Town with his first touch of the ball I think.

As did Peter Bore, possibly less famously.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
moosey_club
January 12, 2019, 8:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,195
Gold Stars: 224
New Country, new life , new club , new team mates , new league , not played a game in  few weeks ...both slotted in superbly i thought.  

Ring second half was firing passes with some accuracy, and happy to do that to players who were in tight spots...two things, he obviously has the technical ability to do so but i think that also shows that he expects the reciever to handle the pass...a sign that he has played with technically good players.
Think of Dixon and Fox's distribution and to me he has shown a level above that this afternoon. Very promising.

Ludwig - from the Ponny couldnt get much sense of his positioning or organisational sense but he certainly was ok in the air.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
LH
January 12, 2019, 8:58pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Not sure if he was bollocksed or just showing a bit of higher level experience towards the end but Ring did well to win a tackle on the sideline after looking like he wasn’t going to get anywhere near the man. Showed he’s a bit shall we say streetwise a couple of times too and I think he’ll win us a few wide freekicks. Öhman looks imposing and was good in the air - which are both pretty good attributes for League Two.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
HertsGTFC
January 12, 2019, 9:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
I reckon Ring did well considering he's not played for a while, like the way he backs himself to go forward and can see a pass. Looked knackered in the last 20 but that's to be expected but made up for it with good application. With him on board and the signing of Hendrie you can see MJ want us to get in behind sides.

Ludwig I'm sure didn't expect to get on hard to tell but he did o.k. considering. Big strong and imposing would like to see if he's got any form of pace though but either way a good signing. I can see him being a great decoy at corners for others to nip in and score.

In a snapshot today they look like promising additions.      

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
pyfish
January 13, 2019, 9:14am

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +3
Gold Stars: 1
Both looked really decent after not really knowing what to expect from them. Ring slotted into the side perfectly and for a first game, definitely impressed. There were a few wayward long balls to Pringle but that was more a lazy day for Pringle than a bad performance for the Swede.

Ohman looked solid too when he came on. If he had more match minutes under his belt he would have started and definitely given their number 10 a run for his money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
speedy
January 13, 2019, 9:17am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: +445
Very hard to judge considering neither have played for a while. Personally was more impressed by the CB who looked very composed and seemed to have good positional awareness off and on the ball. Thought Ring looked ok and steady after the first 15 minutes. Not convinced by his throwings though! very soft and will give away a few foul throws if it continues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Elgringo87
January 13, 2019, 9:45am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +66
Hopefully Öhman will batter akinde( legally ) all over next Saturday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Debuts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.