6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 12, 2019, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Fkin dreadful - always worries me when we look confident, always worries me when the non-chairman appears on the pitch, always worries me when the ref stops his warm-up for a chat with the opposition manager. Thought Ring looked a bit weak but Ohman looked solid - Hess the best of a bad bunch for me.
Private Message
essexexile
January 12, 2019, 5:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +185
Gold Stars: 1
Should have man marked for the first half at least like we did at Palace and played for a point!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
golfer
January 12, 2019, 5:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
We weren't in it for the whole 90 minutes. It didn't look to me as if we wanted to score today. Thomas didn't touch the ball until 28 minutes and then only twice more in the first half-not his fault-just showed how bad the rest of team were playing. 2 enforced substitutions didn't help matters but I thought the 2 new signings had good debuts under difficult circumstances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
ginnywings
January 12, 2019, 5:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Today, i hate football.

One of the great mysteries of life to me, is our historic inability to turn up when we play Macclesfield at BP. I have no idea what we were trying to do today, and i don't think the players did either. Time and time again, we just hit straight balls to no-one, most of which just sailed out of play.

They started much the brighter and looked full of confidence given their position. They were threatening to breach us but we gave them a very soft goal, followed by an even softer one, a trait that gets repeated often. After that, we never looked like getting back in the game, and that has to be the easiest game their keeper will have all season. Think he made one save, when Wes overran the ball on the one occasion we managed to get behind them all game. A heavy touch cost him his chance to score, but i doubt we would have got a second one anyway.

We looked very leggy and disjointed all over the park, not helped by losing Clifton, and it also looked like Famewo has done some more damage. Fair play to Macc, they thoroughly deserved their win and i thought their number 27 was the best player on the pitch. Their two little wide men were pretty good too. Hess the pick of the bunch for us, but a bad day at the office all round. Let's hope it's just a blip and a hangover from a tough period.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
January 12, 2019, 5:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Definately a reality check. First of all a combination of the manager of the month curse, the unexciting game that comes straight after the biggest game of the season, and the fact that it was a special offer for tickets, maybe we shouldve expected exactly that kind of performance.

We were bad, Ref was awful. I'd give macclesfield credit but don't get why that have to be a bunch of girl privates every season, always seems to be them who go over to our fans when they score

Ring will be good with match fitness I think, had a few skillful moments defending and attacking. Ohman looks a big fella, expect him to start next game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
moosey_club
January 12, 2019, 5:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
One chance created in 90 mins....second best in the ball retention stakes.... second best in both boxes....

Thomas's lack of movement stood out for me..

Ludwig very happy to go win the ball... aerially looks good.....

Ring.... actually look the like of him ...once he settled in he didn't lose many tackles and very comfortable on the ball with pretty decent distribution and no slouch.

Two very sloppy goals in a game otherwise scarce on real chances.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 50
Hagrid
January 12, 2019, 5:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Just one of them were everything was dreadful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
Maringer
January 12, 2019, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Ring did pretty well for somebody obviously not fully fit. Won a lot of free-kicks by putting his body in between the opponent and the ball then going when touched, but I suppose that's the game these days!

The problems were that neither RHJ or Famewo knew how to deal with their gigantic No. 10 and, also, neither of them can pass the ball very well. The team as a whole were terrible during the first half but a bit better in the second. The injury to Famewo disrupted any momentum we had and they broke things up with niggly fouls whenever they needed to. They certainly looked well-drilled, however, and not at all bad.

The real killer was the second goal after a catastrophic blunder by Rose. He thinks he's a better footballer than he actually is but looked cumbersome most of the time today. Without looking at the stats, I wonder how much our recent improvement came around because he's not been playing? Hopefully Clifton will be back soon as his energy was badly missed and Embleton was right off his game as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
jamesgtfc
January 12, 2019, 5:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
I think we missed Clifton today and Hess had to do the role of 2 people once Clifton went off.

Rose was terrible today. Unforgivable error for the goal. Famewo looked off the pace from the start and Ring was a bit shaky, although he grew into the game.

Very impressed with Öhman who can certainly attack the ball. Very hard for substitutes to change the game when 2 were due to injury.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
topuphere666
January 12, 2019, 5:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
We were poor, but let’s be fair Macc were organised and worked for each other. Every time we had the ball we were marked by 2 of their players. They won’t go down on that showing.

Both goals were embarrassing and should never happen at our level of football. Ring looked ok, he needs time to settle for sure but he looked to play football.

Pringle looked off the pace, shirked a lot of tackles and when he was on the right he cut in constantly to his left, it was so easy to read.

We go again next week
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.