3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Manchester Mariner
January 11, 2019, 12:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Only started dreaming about 50 points myself.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
Abdul19
January 11, 2019, 12:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,541
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from forza ivano

MOTM awards almost inevitably lead to a defeat next game.

I suspect this is a myth. eg 2 of the 3 November managers of the month won their next game.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
ginnywings
January 11, 2019, 12:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
I think we have too much about us to be worried about the bottom end of the table, and i'm looking up rather than down myself. Play offs are do-able if we go on a great run and average 2 points a game for the rest of the season. Not ruling that out, but i think a 1.5 point average is more realistic at this stage, and comfortable upper mid table. Not really seen any team that look a cut above the others, apart from maybe Mansfield, but they were more efficient than deadly. Let's see where we are at the end of this month, when the new players have hopefully bedded in. The Lincoln and MK games will give us a gauge of where we are at.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
marinerdazza
January 11, 2019, 2:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,841
Gold Stars: 82
Not long back I said I'd be delighted with a mid table finish and a decent cup run.

Well, they've more than distinguished themselves in the FA Cup. I think we'll finish about 9th. And I'll be delighted.

Next season, I think we'll go up automatically. Current season so much like Buckley in 88/89. To think what we were facing last March...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
Poojah
January 11, 2019, 3:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,465
Gold Stars: 1,500
I remain slightly sceptical that we can do it, but I think we’ll have a much better idea come the end of January either way. A win against Macclesfield is a must really, given the following three games are against the current top two and Forest Green who are 6th and will presumably have Doidge back in their ranks.

If we’re still in with a sniff after that then we’ve got an outside chance, but either way it’s nice to know that we already have the basis of next season’s squad in place with only tweaks, rather than wholesale change, to be made.

For the first time in what seems like ages, we appear to have a degree of stability about us.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
sydney
January 11, 2019, 3:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Crucial we get points tomorrow and something from Gimpland, as next two games after that are very tough
No points from next two games could leave us Looking over our shoulders again come end of Jan
Come on Town Massive game tomorrow impetuous wise
No slip ups
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
January 11, 2019, 3:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Got way too much time today so im gonna add some boring statistics to this thread
In the last 3 league two seasons, only 4 teams have finished a season in the top 7, after being outside the top 7 on the 31st december.

2016/17 season
Exeter went from 11th -> 5th
Blackpool went from 8th -> 7th

2015/16 season
Accrington went from 8th -> 4th
Wimbledon went from 12th -> 7th

Exeter made up the biggest points gap, which was only 5 points, interestingly we were 12th that season, on the exact same points as exeter, unfortunately bignot decided we should bring gavin gunning in and start experimenting instead
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
HertsGTFC
January 11, 2019, 5:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Still solid mid table finish for me..........but watch us become contenders next season for sure,

Just hope the manager of the month curse does not strike tomorrow.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
rancido
January 11, 2019, 5:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,566
Gold Stars: 96
I would rather forget about the play-offs and just concentrate on securing league status ( which I am sure we will ). I think it's more important to assemble a good, long term squad combined with a great team spirit. If that develops this season and things start to look hopeful by mid-March then maybe we could allow ourselves to dream a bit.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
MuddyWaters
January 11, 2019, 5:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Got to say that I strongly fancy us to get to around 70 points - whether that gets us in the play-offs is another matter.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play offs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.