1mickylyons
January 11, 2019, 7:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Les Brechin

I think their last game was abandoned a couple of minutes from time with them losing 1-0 due to a pitch invasion, and the result was allowed to stand. If they had won then they would have gone up but that would have meant scoring 2 goals in the last couple of minutes.

I watched this last night on big match revisited and it was nigh on impossible for the Fulham players to play the last 10 mins due to the Derby  crowd being all over the pitch perimeter.On the pitch for Derby Mike Brolly,Paul Emson and Paul Futcher
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
Posh Harry
January 11, 2019, 12:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,338
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from 1mickylyons

A long time ago but I thought Gordon Davis did the damage at BP a fairly prolific goalscorer back then?

I seem to remember that he was still at Fulham later in his career when we beat them 3-0 at home on New Year’s Day (i think).

Good game, played them off the park that day. Must have been early 90’s?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
FishOutOfWater
January 11, 2019, 1:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Went to this one... and then the following Saturday ( Easter ) went to see the same outcome at Newcastle.

As bad as successive 4-0 defeats might have been, at least we were "competing" in the second tier ( and the following season came so close to going up to the top flight ourselves )
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 15
KingstonMariner
January 11, 2019, 11:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Went to this one... and then the following Saturday ( Easter ) went to see the same outcome at Newcastle.

As bad as successive 4-0 defeats might have been, at least we were "competing" in the second tier ( and the following season came so close to going up to the top flight ourselves )

That following season was amazing, especially from today's perspective. The (pre-all-seater) Park packed out for Bank Holiday games*. Beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Finishing 5th (sadly pre-play-off era).

* though I think the average was 7000 something, it wasn't that far behind Chelsea!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
Yossarian
January 12, 2019, 6:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,098
Gold Stars: 18
I remember that season with great happiness - if only, if only, if only!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
KingstonMariner
January 13, 2019, 11:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Yossarian
I remember that season with great happiness - if only, if only, if only!!!

Indeed. Barring some dodgy billionaire turning up to throw money at us, I don't think we will ever get a better chance than that given the gaps that have opened up between the top and the second division, and between the second and the others.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fulham 4-0 Grimsby Town - 26th March 1983

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.