4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
ivanosandwich
January 9, 2019, 10:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 15
Guardiola is a winner, I would imagine he wouldn't be too happy if the players eased off.

I can't remember what game it was but a few weeks ago, he had a stern word with Sterling on the pitch at the end of the game when he was showboating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 30
Northbank Mariner
January 9, 2019, 10:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Sorry but city did the right thing....they played a full strength team, played their style football, simple as that ..
With all the wittering about clubs playing weakened teams and not taking the cup serious, then city play a full strength team and people still moan...well I'm sorry, but well done to Pep...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
January 9, 2019, 10:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Agree with above, unfortunately this is just a brilliant team showing full respect to a much weaker team

The players will feel awful now but tbh they’ll probably be able to look back and laugh, and enjoy that they got this far, and be happy to be able to talk about playing against great players like silva and de bruyne
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 30
Tommy
January 9, 2019, 10:17pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Sorry but city did the right thing....they played a full strength team, played their style football, simple as that ..
With all the wittering about clubs playing weakened teams and not taking the cup serious, then city play a full strength team and people still moan...well I'm sorry, but well done to Pep...

Have to agree with this.

Also worth considering......what a chance for City to have some competitive finishing practice for their forward players. Probably better than what they'd get in a training session. Why ease off when their strikers are getting shooting practice like that?

G.Jesus might get one chance in his next league game but be sharp and put it away after scoring 4 tonight.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 30
TownSNAFU5
January 9, 2019, 10:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
The really bad news is that an away goal would not have counted double anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
TownSNAFU5
January 9, 2019, 10:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
The really bad news is that an away goal would not have counted double anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 30
promotion plaice
January 9, 2019, 10:29pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

The M6 traffic chaos was caused by a lorry stopped/caught full of yet more migrants.....it seems there is now panic to get into England before Brexit.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
ginnywings
January 9, 2019, 10:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
If i were a Burton player, i would rather lose 9-0, than a patronising, let's take it easy on them 5-0. Pep and his team showed respect to the competition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2019, 10:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from promotion plaice

The M6 traffic chaos was caused by a lorry stopped/caught full of yet more migrants.....it seems there is now panic to get into England before Brexit.

I suspect there's a bit of a nod and a wink being given by the French (and maybe Belgians) to the migrants, or rather turning a blind eye.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 30
supertown
January 9, 2019, 11:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from promotion plaice

Are they coming in or trying to get out ? 🤨
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unlucky Burton fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.