dapperz fun pub
January 10, 2019, 8:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Grim74
Do well to get 4500 just because we took 5000 to a premier league club some people think we’re this sleeping giant.
Most lower league clubs would of took a similar size following even the gimps took similar numbers to Liverpool.
We have an hard core of about 3500-4000 with the potential for another 1500 on a good day ie form, league position, time of year, weather etc and that would even be in the championship!

If the club is marketed the correct way coupled with a bit of success I honestly think we could easily match Lincoln who you mention gate wise. When we came back into the FL we had the feel good factor but that was allowed to drift away , the club needs change new ideas , modern methods of communication in all aspects
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
Grim74
January 10, 2019, 8:55am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

If the club is marketed the correct way coupled with a bit of success I honestly think we could easily match Lincoln who you mention gate wise. When we came back into the FL we had the feel good factor but that was allowed to drift away , the club needs change new ideas , modern methods of communication in all aspects

It doesn’t matter how good the clubs marketing is if we are not doing the business in the league. Lincoln are enjoying an amazing purple patch at the minute following a return to league football, with last years cup run and now sitting comfortably at the top of the league. Most of the lower league clubs in that position would see their gates at least double, If we were in their position and our ground was big enough we would be getting bigger gates.

Be we all know success for lower league teams doesn’t last and it will be interesting to see how far Lincoln’s gates plummet when this does happen. We had amazing success under Buckley but as soon as our form dipped were back down to the faithful 4,500. It used to really urine me off at the time but these days I just accept the size of club we are.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
Limerick Mariner
January 10, 2019, 10:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
Exiles will be have been a big chunk of the Palace following. Out of 8 friends and family that I went with 6 were exiles. I would expect only 1 out the 8 at the Macc game no matter what price. Exiles also have other things on and can't commit the time to travel - I'm upbeat after the game and would be tempted to do the 150-mile round trip if it was just me, but my lad will be playing rugby on Saturday and I'll be watching him. At the end of the day, home gates are relatively poor compared to other clubs that we used to be comparable to and that it down to the locals who don't turn out regularly, a poor reputation that the club has with a lot of local people including a excrement stadium. But we have a large North Lincs diaspora who are Town through and through and we will always turn out for big games...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
Mariner Timsky
January 10, 2019, 10:44am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Be very interesting to see a percentage breakdown of our travelling army  , , , who live in a DN postcode and who don't , , , ,me and some exiles on Saturday was discussing this , , , ,we was saying 40% Exiles maybe more at Palace ??

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
1mickylyons
January 10, 2019, 11:20am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Be very interesting to see a percentage breakdown of our travelling army  , , , who live in a DN postcode and who don't , , , ,me and some exiles on Saturday was discussing this , , , ,we was saying 40% Exiles maybe more at Palace ??

Not a chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
Mariner Timsky
January 10, 2019, 11:21am

Cocktail Drinker
30% then??

Be interesting to see what the stats are on this

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
Limerick Mariner
January 10, 2019, 11:22am
Whiskey Drinker

I blagged with my kids - everyone knows someone who knows someone who supports the Mariners...2 degrees of separation. "What about the Queen...?"

"...the Queen knows John Major who knows Norman Lamont..."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
Mariner Timsky
January 10, 2019, 11:24am

Cocktail Drinker
Also we sold 5,500 right??

and 5,399 was in attendance??

what an earth happened to the 101 Town Fans???

Surely we must find them! Are they still locked in the Railway Telegraph?!?!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
1mickylyons
January 10, 2019, 11:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
30% then??

Be interesting to see what the stats are on this

Can`t see it mate. I never went to Palace due to another commitment but intended to and the buzz around GY for the game was massive and every man and his dog seemed to go hence I was gutted. I would bet at least 4.5k went from GY/Clee and I would be suprised if more than 1k where Southern based exiles and friends? Not that it matters of course they did the Club proud that`s a hell of a following for any Club especially distance and kick off time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
Limerick Mariner
January 10, 2019, 11:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Also we sold 5,500 right??

and 5,399 was in attendance??

what an earth happened to the 101 Town Fans???

Surely we must find them! Are they still locked in the Railway Telegraph?!?!

Think about it - its only 2% - got drunk and missed their transport, too hungover to get out of bed or got lucky and didn't want to get out of bed...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 5399

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.