1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Poojah
January 9, 2019, 4:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,474
Gold Stars: 1,500
Looking for a new manager this afternoon after Nathan Jones left for Stoke following Gary Rowett’s sacking.

Some familiar names in the next manager betting. Danny Cowley is in there as is Paul Hurst, however just behind him at 14/1 is one Michael Jolley.

Now I’m not particularly concerned or reading too much into this, I know these early lists are quickly drawn up without a great deal of thought. Nevertheless, I just thought it was interesting that the wider world is seemingly beginning to take notice of MJ’s work in spite what is at the minute a solid yet unspectacular position in the league.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
RoboCod
January 9, 2019, 4:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Poojah
Looking for a new manager this afternoon after Nathan Jones left for Stoke following Gary Rowett’s sacking.

Some familiar names in the next manager betting. Danny Cowley is in there as is Paul Hurst, however just behind him at 14/1 is one Michael Jolley.

Now I’m not particularly concerned or reading too much into this, I know these early lists are quickly drawn up without a great deal of thought. Nevertheless, I just thought it was interesting that the wider world is seemingly beginning to take notice of MJ’s work in spite what is at the minute a solid yet unspectacular position in the league.

It's something of a poisoned chalice though, can't imagine Hurst or even Jolley in the future relishing that post. But we're going to see MJ's name bounded about all the more as he and the team make progress.

Luton though....Loud, not very sporting and prone to sulky tantrums when things aren't working out...Cowley would be a good fit

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
buckstown
January 9, 2019, 4:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
Anyone who thinks the Fishy is a bit caustic from time to time should spend 5 minutes looking at Luton Outlaws
http://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws/index.html

Venom of the highest qualty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
MarinerDevil
January 9, 2019, 4:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,739
Gold Stars: 80
I'm not sure that MJ has proved enough to be considered for the sharp end of L1 just yet.  Luton are ambitious and will be looking for proven success at some level, so the Cowleys might be a target, yet so far no one has threatened to buy out their 5 year contracts so it might take a bit more clout to pinch them.  Hurst has only shown that he's not quite good enough for the Championship and will likely be looking at lower L1/L2 for his next job.  

Exciting times ahead for Luton though.  A new stadium in the offing and a Championship place getting closer.  I think we should strive to find the sort of success they have enjoyed in the last 4/5 years.  

I think MJ will be safe for now but if he at all threatens to build us a promotion side, we should be looking to invest in him for the long term.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
pizzzza
January 9, 2019, 5:02pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from buckstown
Anyone who thinks the Fishy is a bit caustic from time to time should spend 5 minutes looking at Luton Outlaws
http://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws/index.html

Venom of the highest qualty

I wonder what it would be like if we had a board with no restrictions and no need to register to post any old BS?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
MuddyWaters
January 9, 2019, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from MarinerDevil
I'm not sure that MJ has proved enough to be considered for the sharp end of L1 just yet.  Luton are ambitious and will be looking for proven success at some level, so the Cowleys might be a target, yet so far no one has threatened to buy out their 5 year contracts so it might take a bit more clout to pinch them.  Hurst has only shown that he's not quite good enough for the Championship and will likely be looking at lower L1/L2 for his next job.  

Exciting times ahead for Luton though.  A new stadium in the offing and a Championship place getting closer.  I think we should strive to find the sort of success they have enjoyed in the last 4/5 years.  

I think MJ will be safe for now but if he at all threatens to build us a promotion side, we should be looking to invest in him for the long term.

Let's hope so - I hope our board take notice however that MJ is starting to attract attention and make some kind of longer term arrangement with his contract.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Abdul19
January 9, 2019, 6:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
He appeared on the Barnsley betting list at the end of last season, I think.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
forza ivano
January 9, 2019, 9:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,167
Gold Stars: 265
No way he's going anywhere. Improving massively on the pitch with a new ground and new investment/ board in the offing..................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.