2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
January 8, 2019, 1:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,540
Gold Stars: 224
I think we gave the potential to get 8 points frim those games. I'd be happy with 7 though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
A.l.f.
January 8, 2019, 2:06pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
6 points would be ok but if we get any more, then the season could just get very interesting as i believe from February to the season end fixtures look favourable if we continue our good form.  Add to that some useful additions in this Window and who knows?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
diehardmariner
January 8, 2019, 3:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,412
Gold Stars: 532
I honestly think we'll hit the ground running against Macclesfield.  I can't for a second imagine that the dressing room will let the heartache of Saturday pull them down, in fact I think it'll spur them on.

7/2 with Bet365 on over 0.5 goals in the first ten minutes . Trying to find a market for team goals in the first ten.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
Croxton
January 8, 2019, 5:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from ginnywings
Last 2 weeks have been tough, so i think it depends on getting players rested, getting some injured players back, and hopefully some signings that hit the ground running. I'd be well happy with 7 points.

Speaking of signings, i was just in the ticket office and the guy who does the interviews was having a discussion with someone about setting up an interview. Could be anything i suppose, but hopefully it's a new player.

rhymes with 'plenty'?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
wigworld
January 8, 2019, 6:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
7 or 8 points against those teams would be a good return, and I'd like to give Macclesfield a good thrashing to give us a positive goal difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 19
buckstown
January 8, 2019, 10:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 79
Macc - must win
Lincoln and MK really tough as to get anything in my opinion
VGR - could get something
4 points but hope I'm very wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
Mariner Timsky
January 28, 2019, 8:49am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Thought I would revisit this thread, , , , so we ended with just the 3 points from Jan, , , , , after a pointless September this was our second worst month of the season so far

With that in mind we are still 10 points from the top 7 but also 10 points from the drop zone , , , , so plenty to play for going into the last 16 games, , , , , and looking at Feb we have a much more favorable set of games, , , teams around and below us , , , always exciting - never boring!

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
Jarmo.Is.God
January 28, 2019, 8:58am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Thought I would revisit this thread, , , , so we ended with just the 3 points from Jan, , , , , after a pointless September this was our second worst month of the season so far

With that in mind we are still 10 points from the top 7 but also 10 points from the drop zone , , , , so plenty to play for going into the last 16 games, , , , , and looking at Feb we have a much more favorable set of games, , , teams around and below us , , , always exciting - never boring!

Think your comma button is broken on your keyboard mate.

Take each game as it comes, be prepared for more defeats, and be happy with a mid-table finish, ready to build on in the summer ,,,,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
Mariner Timsky
January 28, 2019, 9:03am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
More than happy with a mid table finish!

Jolley feels like a 'streaky' manager, the last 6 months certainly back that up

Lets hope Saturdays win is the start of a good streak!

UTM

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
January 29, 2019, 6:52am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
More than happy with a mid table finish!

Jolley feels like a 'streaky' manager, the last 6 months certainly back that up

Lets hope Saturdays win is the start of a good streak!

UTM

I’d say our streakyness probably comes from the young team we’re building plus injuries, but the exciting part is that they don’t seem to let their heads drop on a bad run and can turn it around, and that they can already hold on for good results under tough circumstances, keep this core group of players and youve got the base of a promotion side
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jan 19 / Aug 18

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.