3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 8, 2019, 12:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,085
Gold Stars: 548
Don't think he'll be back. Got talent but is inconsistent.

Good luck to him but i think his future is elsewhere and we can do better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
Maringer
January 8, 2019, 12:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,379
Gold Stars: 184
I can't see him returning, even if he scores a hatful of goals there.

For whatever reason, he just didn't kick on this season following his decent form at the tail end of last season. We signed him from a League One club so he's probably on a hefty whack as well. Good luck to him in the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
fiveallive
January 8, 2019, 1:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
Don't think he'll be back. Got talent but is inconsistent.

Good luck to him but i think his future is elsewhere and we can do better.

That's what we had to deal that for the 10 or so years since the league 2 and conference days most players at this level are inconsistent that's why there at this level.

I have to say I expected more from Hooper this season since his good form the last couple of months last season.

He's player that do excellent to earn a contract then once he earns it can go off the boil.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
monkeyboy
January 8, 2019, 1:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -166
Gold Stars: 26
Bye then

Not a loss at all in my eyes but wish him well for his remaining days in football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
arryarryarry
January 8, 2019, 1:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,063
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Heisenberg
Good on the lad, that's some form, that is.  I hope there's a recall clause, just in case.  I'm like some, I still think there's a player in there.  He's the typical sort of player who if he was on the opposition team he'd cause us problems.  Personally I hope he proves himself there and comes back here to fight for his place, but there's plenty who disagree.

Speaking to someone on the staff at Port Vale at the recent game there and they thought the same however he consistently played like he did here for many games with an attitude like he couldn't care less. That's why he was hated by a majority of Port Vale fans.

I would prefer someone with less ability if they ran their socks off for the team, so for me I wouldn't want him to return and the likelyhood that he would is very remote.  

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
Northbank Mariner
January 8, 2019, 1:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,431
Gold Stars: 171
Feel a bit for JJ...the lad seemed to have ability but lacked the motivation to perform at at his upmost week in and week out....
Most agreed there is a player in there but with the way Jolley wants to play he was becoming a passenger and getting left behind with the likes of Clifton, Vernhsm, Hess, Embleton all kicking on and, unlike JJ, never looking lazy...
As someone has already said, maybe at Bromley he has found his level where he can have success, just not a league 2 player for me...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
Madeleymariner
January 8, 2019, 5:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
He banged them in at non league level before he signed for Fale, didn't at league 1 level or league 2. Is scoring again now in non league, The loan simply shows his actual level, wish him luck in the future but no thanks to a return.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
friskneymariner
January 8, 2019, 5:41pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Another example of a player from the South who could not adapt to living up North.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
toontown
January 8, 2019, 6:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Think he wont be back, not good enough for the football league on a consistent enough basis, but good luck to him at bromley. Better for him and us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
sonofmadeleymariner
January 8, 2019, 7:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Found his level, I had hoped he would of kicked on after ending last season quite strong but it didn't happen

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hooper's loan extended

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.