Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Christian Doidge.......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 210 Guests

Christian Doidge.......

This thread currently has 4,690 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
January 7, 2019, 12:26am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
Doidge has rejoined FGR from Bolton. It seems that Bolton agreed to sign him but didn't. They couldn't pay his wages, FGR had to pay him so have recalled him and cancelled their agreement.

Dale vice statement:

From Monday morning, Christian Doidge is back with FGR. We've taken the decision to recall him after his loan agreement expired last week amid continual contractual breaches by Bolton Wanderers.

It became clear to us that Bolton entered into a contract to loan and then buy Christian last August without the means to honour it, and perhaps the intention to do so as well. They haven't even paid his wages for the last four months (we have).

It's not just FGR that have been let down badly by Bolton, but Christian too.

Bolton's Chairman, Ken Anderson, made a lot of promises on the last day of the transfer window, both to Christian and FGR, and has kept none of them. This is all his work and from talking to Ken he feels immune from the consequences - but some of these promises are written in legally binding contracts, and we'll be pursuing them.

When the dust settles, we'll talk to the EFL about how they regulate clubs like Bolton. They already regulate the club to a degree, controlling all TV monies to make sure that football debts get paid. Hard not to wonder whether the league could also have a role in approving the terms of any contracts entered into - to make sure that they are actually within the means of the club. We had no way to know, but the EFL should have the inside view on that.

And finally (for now...) - Disappointing as it is to see this go pear shaped, both for FGR and Christian, I'm also excited by the prospect of the second half of the season with Christian back with us. I'm sure all FGR fans everywhere will join me in welcoming him back

Makes a refreshing change for a chairman to keep fans fully informed. JF please take note!!
Logged Online
Private Message
promotion plaice
January 7, 2019, 12:35am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189

Saw this story earlier, sounds like Bolton are out of order but any club that gets arrogant Vince's back up gets my vote.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
The Yard Dog
January 7, 2019, 9:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from mimma
Doidge has rejoined FGR from Bolton. It seems that Bolton agreed to sign him but didn't. They couldn't pay his wages, FGR had to pay him so have recalled him and cancelled their agreement.

Dale vice statement:

From Monday morning, Christian Doidge is back with FGR. We've taken the decision to recall him after his loan agreement expired last week amid continual contractual breaches by Bolton Wanderers.

It became clear to us that Bolton entered into a contract to loan and then buy Christian last August without the means to honour it, and perhaps the intention to do so as well. They haven't even paid his wages for the last four months (we have).

It's not just FGR that have been let down badly by Bolton, but Christian too.

Bolton's Chairman, Ken Anderson, made a lot of promises on the last day of the transfer window, both to Christian and FGR, and has kept none of them. This is all his work and from talking to Ken he feels immune from the consequences - but some of these promises are written in legally binding contracts, and we'll be pursuing them.

When the dust settles, we'll talk to the EFL about how they regulate clubs like Bolton.[/b] They already regulate the club to a degree, controlling all TV monies to make sure that football debts get paid. Hard not to wonder whether the league could also have a role in approving the terms of any contracts entered into - to make sure that they are actually within the means of the club. We had no way to know, but the EFL should have the inside view on that.[b]

And finally (for now...) - Disappointing as it is to see this go pear shaped, both for FGR and Christian, I'm also excited by the prospect of the second half of the season with Christian back with us. I'm sure all FGR fans everywhere will join me in welcoming him back

Makes a refreshing change for a chairman to keep fans fully informed. JF please take note!!

Where has nob Vince been for past 10+ years, planet veg. It has been common knowledge that Bolton have been struggling for many years now.
The statement in bold should have raised alarm bells, sounds like sour grapes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
ClarkyGTFC
January 7, 2019, 9:26am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +411
Gold Stars: 5
sounds like sour grapes.

Which is probably an expensive half time snack at the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
diehardmariner
January 7, 2019, 10:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,095
Gold Stars: 520
As much as I dislike Dale Vince, he's got a very good point here.

Yeah, of course he will have known that Bolton were skint but bigger clubs need to be held accountable on stuff like this.  Bolton are seemingly incapable of running their club in anything that remotely represents a sensible manner.  They were happy enough to cry when they were skint but have clearly failed to learn any lessons as a result.  
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
RonMariner
January 8, 2019, 2:22pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,012
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from diehardmariner
As much as I dislike Dale Vince, he's got a very good point here.

Yeah, of course he will have known that Bolton were skint but bigger clubs need to be held accountable on stuff like this.  Bolton are seemingly incapable of running their club in anything that remotely represents a sensible manner.  They were happy enough to cry when they were skint but have clearly failed to learn any lessons as a result.  

I agree. Clubs should honour contractual agreements.

But I think Bolton have crossed the wrong guy this time. Vince is a multi millionaire and will no doubt have some pretty hot shot lawyers in tow.

Wouldn't like to be in their shoes!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
psgmariner
January 9, 2019, 2:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Bolton’s bonkers Chairman has now had his say:

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/a-note-from-the-chairman2/

Weirdo.

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
Ipswin
January 9, 2019, 3:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Makes Fenty's statements look quite rational!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
RoboCod
January 9, 2019, 3:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
" and l won’t lower myself to respond to his disrespectful and misleading comments...."

Followed by 3 pages of said comments . All very churlish and gossipy, like something off a football forum thread, not an official statement.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
forza ivano
January 9, 2019, 3:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,141
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from RoboCod
" and l won’t lower myself to respond to his disrespectful and misleading comments...."

Followed by 3 pages of said comments . All very churlish and gossipy, like something off a football forum thread, not an official statement.

perhaps he's being advised by Mr Fenty?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Christian Doidge.......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.