4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Southwark Mariner
January 6, 2019, 6:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
one idea I had was that we fund local coaches to improve, helping with expenses towards coaching badges. I think this would be a much better investment for fans than a one-off promotion fund.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
UTMariners
January 6, 2019, 8:04pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ska face

Think there are other factors as well as that - the big one being the proportion of exiled fans the club have. We all know we’ve fans scattered around the country - do the club have any idea what they are thinking & have they ever tried to find out. I only live 80 miles away but with ticket & travel I’m looking £50 a match before I’ve left the house. Not a massive amount to some but not sustainable over 23 matches.

I’m not asking for discounts or offers and handouts, but I do want the club to get an understanding about their customer base and to start filling in the gaps without having to rely on how the team are doing.

Spot on.

"My love, my heart, my soul, my life.  My beloved Club Grimsby."

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
blundellpork
January 6, 2019, 8:08pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,645
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from Bigdog

What.. and replicate the worst thing ever to happen to GTFC..

There is a great deal of unlocked potential at this football club.. 5.5k to Palace on a Saturday evening proves that. Under present circumstances, Jolley looks like he could be able to get momentum going in the right direction, but fresh blood in the boardroom and a new stadium as quickly as possible will give him the tools to fully realise what we could be in the future. It can't all rest on his shoulders..

If they keep him on. Plenty of new owners look to install their own manager. Look at the Zola Birmingham farce.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
Posh Harry
January 6, 2019, 8:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You're obviously good with figures, but you will only achieve the heights of top class accountancy when you can tell customers and shareholders to shut up.

You are too kind KM.

In fact you really are too kind as my figure is wrong. I had assumed all the tickets to be adult and of course there was lots and lots of juniors so we wouldn’t get that much!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
LH
January 6, 2019, 8:43pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I’m an exile but go to nearly all town home games on weekends, a two quid discount isn’t going to incentivise me either way. No real point in offering an incentive imho.

When I was exiled I always kept my season ticket and missed maybe 15 to 20 games in 6 years. My idea is not going to benefit or incentivise everyone but if it adds a couple of grand a season because a few more fans are coming back for home games in a season it’s worth trying. It’s more people to send the Christmas clubshop catalogue to etc etc.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
KingstonMariner
January 6, 2019, 10:03pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Posh Harry

You are too kind KM.

In fact you really are too kind as my figure is wrong. I had assumed all the tickets to be adult and of course there was lots and lots of juniors so we wouldn’t get that much!

Even better. You will fit right in with that level of incompetence. I bet you can forget to renew a drinks licence too.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I believe we’ve got our mojo back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.