4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
January 6, 2019, 2:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
My ripped up beer mat calculation was about £250,000 in total with 100k from palace, 62.5 from the 2 tv deals, c £40k from Chesterfield and £50,000 I from the f.a. For the 2 wins.
Any thoughts?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
Gaffer58
January 6, 2019, 2:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Whatever the figure will Mr Fenty take it as part of his benign loan?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
Bigdog
January 6, 2019, 2:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ClarkyGTFC
If we don’t get promoted this season is it worth doing another operation promotion

What.. and replicate the worst thing ever to happen to GTFC..

There is a great deal of unlocked potential at this football club.. 5.5k to Palace on a Saturday evening proves that. Under present circumstances, Jolley looks like he could be able to get momentum going in the right direction, but fresh blood in the boardroom and a new stadium as quickly as possible will give him the tools to fully realise what we could be in the future. It can't all rest on his shoulders..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
HertsGTFC
January 6, 2019, 2:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,638
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from forza ivano
My ripped up beer mat calculation was about £250,000 in total with 100k from palace, 62.5 from the 2 tv deals, c £40k from Chesterfield and £50,000 I from the f.a. For the 2 wins.
Any thoughts?

Whatever we make form this net of expenses we'll just have to trust it goes to MJ to strengthen the squad.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
HertsGTFC
January 6, 2019, 2:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,638
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Bigdog

What.. and replicate the worst thing ever to happen to GTFC..

There is a great deal of unlocked potential at this football club.. 5.5k to Palace on a Saturday evening proves that. Under present circumstances, Jolley looks like he could be able to get momentum going in the right direction, but fresh blood in the boardroom and a new stadium as quickly as possible will give him the tools to fully realise what we could be in the future. It can't all rest on his shoulders..

As much as I'd like to see and MJ dynasty at the club I would imagine he'll have moved on to much bigger things before we get a new stadium but I don't disagree!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
LH
January 6, 2019, 3:37pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Whatever we make form this net of expenses we'll just have to trust it goes to MJ to strengthen the squad.  

Not likely with the floodlights needing replacing at a cost of £500k. My estimate was somewhere between £250k and £300k total for the run. Not bad really.

Re a new operation promotion - I’d say no to crowdfunding for plugging funding the playing budget after the comments from Marley. We do need to have the same togetherness and drive from the fans and the Trust as we did with OP.  Maybe work with the club to find ways of getting more people through the gate with a season ticket (or at least regularly attending matches) to give the team the support they deserve and get the funds up that way.

Someone mentioned exiles - how about forming some regional official supporters clubs? Pay an annual fee to get say £2 off home tickets, find a way to give exiles some priority on their local games away tickets or something. We’ve got hundreds of fans in London and the SE, in the forces etc. Give them incentive to come back for home games.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
Roast Em Bobby
January 6, 2019, 3:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from forza ivano
Any thoughts?

I think we may get quite a sizeable fine for all the bottles thrown on the pitch when Fox was sent off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
Roast Em Bobby
January 6, 2019, 3:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
I’m an exile but go to nearly all town home games on weekends, a two quid discount isn’t going to incentivise me either way. No real point in offering an incentive imho.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
KingstonMariner
January 6, 2019, 6:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Posh Harry

Not sure how much we will get for the tv but my calculations indicate we should get £134,777.25 from the gate receipts.

I need to get more of a life.

You're obviously good with figures, but you will only achieve the heights of top class accountancy when you can tell customers and shareholders to shut up.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
rancido
January 6, 2019, 6:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from chrissy
We must have made over £100,000 from todays gate and TV money,

Every little helps .

I'm sure it's probably double that! It's the equivalent of a total sell out at BP + and then tv money on top.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I believe we’ve got our mojo back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.