MuddyWaters
January 6, 2019, 9:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from UTMariners

There is that, but the club also have a ridiculously high number of exiles such as myself, who the club need to target IMO.  The club is crying out for a scheme to try and get these people back to BP spending their money here instead of only at away games- even if just for a few matches a season, particularly for those who live down south.. We've definitely got our mojo back, I just hope the board capitalise on it and start thinking outside the box..

This with knobs on! Whether it's the current incumbents or the alleged new ones  
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
Jarmo.Is.God
January 6, 2019, 9:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
MJ effectively come in at our lowest since that 5-1 defeat to Braintree (sorry to bring it up)
Had the worst squad we've had for years
Had the oldest squad for years
Odds on to go back to non-league

He believed
He made the players believe
He made us fans believe
He achieved

I thank the players that helped us stay up...
Matt
Clarke, yes, he played his part
Summerfield
JJ
Jackson
Mcsheffrey
Davies

He then cleared the dead wood
Lowered the average age
Got a younger backroom staff
Got the future looking bright again
All in 1 transfer window... imagine what he can do after this window and the summer

I'm excited, very excited, and MJ and Anthony have already achieved so much, and firmly think we are catching the attention of many

Thank you GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
January 6, 2019, 10:23am
Guest User
We looked united on the pitch yesterday, players working together for each other. I can’t see us losing many games this season. Subject to injuries etc we will be at Wembley come May. UTM

5,399 yesterday the club need to target the floating fans - we need them at Blundell Park. Maybe discounted tickets for exiled fans.

Don’t like to single out players on here but Hess was class yesterday.
Reply: 12 - 35
HertsGTFC
January 6, 2019, 10:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 28195
We looked united on the pitch yesterday, players working together for each other. I can’t see us losing many games this season. Subject to injuries etc we will be at Wembley come May. UTM

5,399 yesterday the club need to target the floating fans - we need them at Blundell Park. Maybe discounted tickets for exiled fans.

Don’t like to single out players on here but Hess was class yesterday.

I’m really optimistic about our future but realistic to know that we’ll probably need another season at best to be challenging for promotion.

I’m an exile and don’t get this discounted tickets bit TBH I’d much rather see kids for a quid with a full paying adult.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
LH
January 6, 2019, 10:51am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,495
Gold Stars: 173
Seen someone on Twitter say that there should be an offer on next weekend for those with Palace stubs and I agree with them. £10 with a stub would fill the ground. We probably got more cash yesterday than we expected as loads of Palace fans turned up so we wouldn’t be taking a massive hit cash wise.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
HertsGTFC
January 6, 2019, 11:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from LH
Seen someone on Twitter say that there should be an offer on next weekend for those with Palace stubs and I agree with them. £10 with a stub would fill the ground. We probably got more cash yesterday than we expected as loads of Palace fans turned up so we wouldn’t be taking a massive hit cash wise.

Good idea that!

I just hope the club can take the opportunity that now sits before them.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
moosey_club
January 6, 2019, 11:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from LH

As my stub is in the bin outside the KFC in Edgeware that is a sh1t idea !!!  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
ska face
January 6, 2019, 12:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,620
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from grimps

I think the main reason of people not coming to home games is the fact we’ve been crap at home for 15 years , even in our promotion season from the conference we wasn’t anything special at home , the crap facilities don’t help but if we continue to get home wins they’ll soon come back

Think there are other factors as well as that - the big one being the proportion of exiled fans the club have. We all know we’ve fans scattered around the country - do the club have any idea what they are thinking & have they ever tried to find out. I only live 80 miles away but with ticket & travel I’m looking £50 a match before I’ve left the house. Not a massive amount to some but not sustainable over 23 matches.

I’m not asking for discounts or offers and handouts, but I do want the club to get an understanding about their customer base and to start filling in the gaps without having to rely on how the team are doing.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
ClarkyGTFC
January 6, 2019, 2:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +411
Gold Stars: 5
If we don’t get promoted this season is it worth doing another operation promotion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
Posh Harry
January 6, 2019, 2:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,351
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from chrissy
We must have made over £100,000 from todays gate and TV money,

Every little helps .

Not sure how much we will get for the tv but my calculations indicate we should get £134,777.25 from the gate receipts.

I need to get more of a life.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I believe we’ve got our mojo back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.