Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › I believe we’ve got our mojo back
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 184 Guests

I believe we’ve got our mojo back

This thread currently has 5,389 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 5, 2019, 9:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Pride, belief, supporters and a future.

Thank you MJ and your staff and squad, I confess I had my doubts but there’s a feeling that we are back as the club many of us remember and that the team is reconnecting the fans with the club. Can someone please sort a contract or two that strengthens this? Ta!
Private Message
ginnywings
January 5, 2019, 10:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
I'm not sure if it's because everything came to a head over the whole Slade saga, the fan's forum and the "secret" recordings, but it seems like the board have melted into the background, and just let MJ and the rest of his staff get on with it.

Of course, they still have to get recruitment and tactics right, but the backing has to be there also. It all seems to be kicking into place now, and hopefully will get better with a good transfer window. We've made a few bob from the cup, so let's get it invested in better quality signings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
January 5, 2019, 10:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm not sure if it's because everything came to a head over the whole Slade saga, the fan's forum and the "secret" recordings, but it seems like the board have melted into the background, and just let MJ and the rest of his staff get on with it.

Of course, they still have to get recruitment and tactics right, but the backing has to be there also. It all seems to be kicking into place now, and hopefully will get better with a good transfer window. We've made a few bob from the cup, so let's get it invested in better quality signings.

I’d say the two coming in from sweden are a clear sign that jolley is being backed and allowed to bring the players he wants to so far, mightve wanted these from the start but couldnt sign them during swedens season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
chrissy
January 5, 2019, 10:35pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
We must have made over £100,000 from todays gate and TV money,

Every little helps .

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
HertsGTFC
January 5, 2019, 10:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
I’ve said it since he got here Jolley “gets it” and is intellectual enough to set the tone as well as build the team.

Unlike a number of managers in the last couple of decades so far he’s done what he said he was going to do.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
ska face
January 5, 2019, 10:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,361
Gold Stars: 824
Come on then Fenty - you’ve spent the last decade & half saying you are waiting for some football fortune.

You couldn’t have got much more so far this season, so what are you going to do with it? Almost 6000 town fans down to London for a 5:30ko...how are you going to get them to go to BP next week?

Don’t miss ANOTHER opportunity ffs.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
moosey_club
January 6, 2019, 12:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Pride, belief, supporters and a future.

Thank you MJ and your staff and squad, I confess I had my doubts but there’s a feeling that we are back as the club many of us remember and that the team is reconnecting the fans with the club. Can someone please sort a contract or two that strengthens this? Ta!

Old Codger ....i had the exact same feeling as i walked out of Selhurst Park this evening.  Echo your thoughts and words. UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
hheh2
January 6, 2019, 4:06am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
The club has a better aura around it now than getting back in the league me thinks

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
grimps
January 6, 2019, 4:12am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,994
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from ska face
Come on then Fenty - you’ve spent the last decade & half saying you are waiting for some football fortune.

You couldn’t have got much more so far this season, so what are you going to do with it? Almost 6000 town fans down to London for a 5:30ko...how are you going to get them to go to BP next week?

Don’t miss ANOTHER opportunity ffs.

I think the main reason of people not coming to home games is the fact we’ve been crap at home for 15 years , even in our promotion season from the conference we wasn’t anything special at home , the crap facilities don’t help but if we continue to get home wins they’ll soon come back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
UTMariners
January 6, 2019, 8:56am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from grimps

I think the main reason of people not coming to home games is the fact we’ve been crap at home for 15 years , even in our promotion season from the conference we wasn’t anything special at home , the crap facilities don’t help but if we continue to get home wins they’ll soon come back

There is that, but the club also have a ridiculously high number of exiles such as myself, who the club need to target IMO.  The club is crying out for a scheme to try and get these people back to BP spending their money here instead of only at away games- even if just for a few matches a season, particularly for those who live down south.. We've definitely got our mojo back, I just hope the board capitalise on it and start thinking outside the box..

"My love, my heart, my soul, my life.  My beloved Club Grimsby."

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › I believe we’ve got our mojo back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.