fiveallive
January 6, 2019, 3:49am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from barralad

I'm currently sat on a train talking to two Palace fans who both reckon that RHJ is up there with the best defenders seen at Palace this season on his performance tonight. Simply outstanding...

HE played excellent today maybe Wilkinson deserves some praise aswell for getting here last season.

RHJ has responded brilliantly from his performance against FGR.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
willows fc
January 6, 2019, 10:19am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +12
Hard to single anyone out last night but also thought Martin Woolford was brilliant
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
Hagrid
January 6, 2019, 10:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,364
Gold Stars: 527
Yeah woolford was, another not in his position and he was superb. They all deserved so much more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
Northbank Mariner
January 6, 2019, 10:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,441
Gold Stars: 171
Wonder if Danny had.a quiet word in Mitches ear on how to deal with Zaha and my god I bet Zaha was pee'd right off...having a league 2 midfielder, playing right back, Zaha must've thought all his Christmas's had come at once but little did he know....Mitch didn't give him an inch, Zaha tried all the tricks, flicks and occasionally Chu ked himself down liking a dying swan and Mitch Rose just stuck to his task....Premier League?you're having a laugh!!!!....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
pontoonlew
January 6, 2019, 10:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,826
Gold Stars: 167
Favourite bit of Roses defending yesterday was when Zaha went down in the middle of the pitch, play carried on but Rose stood next to Zaha until he got up. Talk about man marking  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
jamesgtfc
January 6, 2019, 10:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Nobody in that back line was playing in their natural position. Mitch looked a bit shaky at right back against Mansfield but yesterday he was superb.

Embleton showed the other side to his game. Special mention to Harry Cardwell for me who spent the last 25 minutes man marking Connor Wickham in the centre of a flat back 5.

This team need our full backing now. Each and every one of those players fight to the bitter end and play for each other. Amazing how Clifton couldn't get a look in under Hurst, Bignot or Slade yet Jolley has selected him from day one and he has been superb for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
HertsGTFC
January 6, 2019, 11:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,872
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Nobody in that back line was playing in their natural position. Mitch looked a bit shaky at right back against Mansfield but yesterday he was superb.

Embleton showed the other side to his game. Special mention to Harry Cardwell for me who spent the last 25 minutes man marking Connor Wickham in the centre of a flat back 5.

This team need our full backing now. Each and every one of those players fight to the bitter end and play for each other. Amazing how Clifton couldn't get a look in under Hurst, Bignot or Slade yet Jolley has selected him from day one and he has been superb for us.

I thought MJ's responses to Roy's changes in tactics showed real clarity of thinking and that our players where able to adapt so quickly showed real character as well as underlining that the coaching is going in the right direction.  

I like Rose as he always tries to get the ball down and is incredibly calm especially on spot kicks. He's still relatively young but shows real maturity in the way he plays, like I said above we need to be talking to him now about an extension as he could be a very important player in MJ's long term plans.

Speaking of maturity I fully agree both Embleton covering Woolly and Cardwell in his defending looked ahead of their years but you could also add  Hess, Harry Clifton and RHJ to that list as well.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
buckstown
January 6, 2019, 2:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 79
Zaha went for a poo after the game. When he turned round to reach for the paper Mitch handed it to him, still six inches behind, breathing down his neck
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
arryarryarry
January 6, 2019, 2:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I thought MJ's responses to Roy's changes in tactics showed real clarity of thinking and that our players where able to adapt so quickly showed real character as well as underlining that the coaching is going in the right direction.  

I like Rose as he always tries to get the ball down and is incredibly calm especially on spot kicks. He's still relatively young but shows real maturity in the way he plays, like I said above we need to be talking to him now about an extension as he could be a very important player in MJ's long term plans.

Speaking of maturity I fully agree both Embleton covering Woolly and Cardwell in his defending looked ahead of their years but you could also add  Hess, Harry Clifton and RHJ to that list as well.    

Is he in MJ's long term plans as he hasn't been first choice until the recent injuries.

As for yesterday I thought his indiscipline let him down, gave away too many petty free kicks which he ended getting booked for then gave another away when Zaha was going nowhere and that one cost us the game.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
Hagrid
January 6, 2019, 2:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,364
Gold Stars: 527
They wernt free kicks. They were bought and atkinson fell for it every time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mitch

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.