5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRealJohnLewis
January 7, 2019, 6:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Jolley will not be for too long (12-24 months), and we will then be back to square one and the feelgood factor will slowly disappear.  Unless we change the philosophy of the whole club and not just the dressing room.  We are still the same backwards thinking club but with a good manager who understands the value of youth and the fans.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
Roast Em Bobby
January 7, 2019, 6:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Jolley will not be for too long (12-24 months), and we will then be back to square one and the feelgood factor will slowly disappear.  Unless we change the philosophy of the whole club and not just the dressing room.  We are still the same backwards thinking club but with a good manager who understands the value of youth and the fans.

Not sure this is entirely true, it was stated earlier this year that the clubs philosophy going forward is to put more emphasis into youth development with targets/aims set on a set number (I forget how many) of youths coming through into the first team.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
TheRealJohnLewis
January 7, 2019, 7:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Not sure this is entirely true, it was stated earlier this year that the clubs philosophy going forward is to put more emphasis into youth development with targets/aims set on a set number (I forget how many) of youths coming through into the first team.

I agree that the youths have received a lot more funding due to being in the league and we will obviously see signs of them in the future, but all it takes is another Slade who brings in the old brigade and limits the opportunity available to the kids.

Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
gytone
January 7, 2019, 7:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,021
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Bloody hell, i was happy until you came along 🤔😉
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
Mariner Ronnie
January 7, 2019, 7:15pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Since I’ve been watching town I can only rank the managers I’ve seen in the following order.

Paul Hurst/Alan Buckley mk1 & mk2
Slade mk 1
Brian laws
Hurst/Scott combo
Lennie Lawrence
Groves (loved him as a player though)
Neil Woods
Nicky Law (no time to impress really)
Mike Newell/slade mk2/Buckley mk3

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
Teds Lad
January 7, 2019, 7:25pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +61
I really like the effect he's having on the club but giving him a GOD Contract is a bit much! See below.

monkeyboy     
2 hours ago     

I like Jolley and think he will do well before being poached, month or two back i was very worried but the ship turned and the team look to be gelling but still without really playing that well in the league.
We are only a couple of players away from being very very good league 2 side and hope Jolley gets a god contract to carry on his forward thinking work
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
WesternMariner
January 7, 2019, 8:14pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +894
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Since I’ve been watching town I can only rank the managers I’ve seen in the following order.

Paul Hurst/Alan Buckley mk1 & mk2
Slade mk 1
Brian laws
Hurst/Scott combo
Lennie Lawrence
Groves (loved him as a player though)
Neil Woods
Nicky Law (no time to impress really)
Mike Newell/slade mk2/Buckley mk3

Honestly Ron I know you’re entitled to your opinion but to put Hurst on the same level as our Lord Alan?!!!

You’d get stoned to death for blasphemy like that in certain parts of the world!  

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
jamesgtfc
January 7, 2019, 8:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
I'm sure Alex Whitmore was on the bench Saturday assisting the management team also. Great gesture by MJ to get some extra support down there and ensure Whitmore felt part of it, despite his suspension.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
KingstonMariner
January 7, 2019, 9:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from WesternMariner

Honestly Ron I know you’re entitled to your opinion but to put Hurst on the same level as our Lord Alan?!!!

You’d get stoned to death for blasphemy like that in certain parts of the world!  

I suspect he was stoned when he wrote it  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
monkeyboy
January 8, 2019, 6:45am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I suspect he was stoned when he wrote it  

Needs antipsychotics by the looks of things. Slade and Newel on the list also. How can such names grace the sam book as Sir Alan never mind the same page. Deluded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pivotal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.