Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 210 Guests

Match Thread

This thread currently has 27,172 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Stadium
January 5, 2019, 8:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It was a yellow card - you know that, how many tackles have we seen in League 2 worse than that go unpunished. Townsend made an absolutely meal of it and the weak, pathetic Jon Moss took the opportunity to punish the lower league club.

And that is your opinion.
Plenty of people will disagree.
However somebody posted earlier the reasons why a red was issued.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 216
MuddyWaters
January 5, 2019, 8:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
I'd like to think that a GTFC player wouldn't roll round like that after what was minimal contact.
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 216
Ipswin
January 5, 2019, 8:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from mimma

This is what I was getting at. VAR draws the refs attention to things he's missed or doesn't have a clear view. In this case he had a good view of it and was going to give a yellow card. Then the VAR ref steps in, in my view he is out of order because he is in effect overruling the ref and telling him to change his mind irrespective of his decision.

So now it is VAR the has the final say not the man in charge.

Surely the most important thing is that the right decision is reached how it is reached is irrelevant. Or do you want the wrong decisions providing they are in Grimsby Town's favour presumably

It was a red, how it was decided and all the shite being written on here about it (some twit has even hinted that the VAR team might have in some way been swayed by a gambling involvement FFS) is just detracting from a fantastic performance by our team, that's what matters now.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 216
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 5, 2019, 8:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,647
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Stadium

What do think he would have done if he had reviewed the tackle after been informed by VAR??
In my opinion it was a red card offence.

I honestly don’t know, you think it was a red but the whole humberside commentary thought not. I can see why he was sent off but could also see it being just a yellow. Fox did worse tackle early doors against Mansfiield and got nothing that’s the consistency factor and interpretation a ref puts on an incident.

I just believe it must be the match referee who makes the decision as we have all seen Graham Poll and Dermot Gallagher on sport shows disagreeing with refs decisions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 216
ginnywings
January 5, 2019, 8:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
There should have been no VAR, or all games VAR. To pick out a handful of games from the 3rd round fixture list is member eyed at best.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 216
Stadium
January 5, 2019, 8:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Surely the most important thing is that the right decision is reached how it is reached is irrelevant. Or do you want the wrong decisions providing they are in Grimsby Town's favour presumably

It was a red, how it was decided and all the shite being written on here about it (some twit has even hinted that the VAR team might have in some way been swayed by a gambling involvement FFS) is just detracting from a fantastic performance by our team, that's what matters now.

This.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 216
Teestogreen
January 5, 2019, 8:31pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
I appreciate you're all working hard tonight, but don't understand why you want the VAR system to give you the answer you apparently want?

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 216
Ipswin
January 5, 2019, 8:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I'd like to think that a GTFC player wouldn't roll round like that after what was minimal contact.

FFS how many times! How heavy the contact was is totally flipping irrelevant and the Palace player's reaction played no part in the decision. Should they only award reds when a player suffers a compound fracture?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 216
Stadium
January 5, 2019, 8:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I honestly don’t know, you think it was a red but the whole humberside commentary thought not. I can see why he was sent off but could also see it being just a yellow. Fox did worse tackle early doors against Mansfiield and got nothing that’s the consistency factor and interpretation a ref puts on an incident.

I just believe it must be the match referee who makes the decision as we have all seen Graham Poll and Dermot Gallagher on sport shows disagreeing with refs decisions.

Don't want to be critical here but the VAR personnel have far more information available than JT & AB.

I respect your opinion of the match official having the final say however when VAR is involved that's not going to be the case.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 216
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 5, 2019, 8:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,647
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS how many times! How heavy the contact was is totally flipping irrelevant and the Palace player's reaction played no part in the decision. Should they only award reds when a player suffers a compound fracture?

Why not just respect others have an opinion. Most of us accept it was not a ridiculous decision but want it made by the match referee after looking again at the incident. TV images can on occasions make tackles look better or worse and Atkinson was near the incident not like he was unsighted so the tv pictures may have confirmed his original deciding or persuaded him to upgrade to a red.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 216
22 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.