Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 252 Guests

Match Thread

This thread currently has 27,175 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
January 5, 2019, 8:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Grimal

You've never played OLD MAN type walking football then.

I'm getting there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 216
Stadium
January 5, 2019, 8:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Teestogreen

It wasn't was it - because the referee (the final man in charge  ) gave a yellow card! On this basis and the way Town played we may have drawn or even won.

Really?
So why didn't he have the final say?
VAR gave the correct decision & this is how the system is supposed to work.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 216
petethemariner
January 5, 2019, 8:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Correct go back 30 years when footballers weren't wimpy playboys squealing like little pigs as soon as they feel someones breath on the back of their neck. At this rate it will become illegal to tackle and will become old man type walking football with no excitement, pace, or action. .

Absolutely spot on!  What i cannot comprehend is that Atkinson is  vastly experienced ref in the prem and Europe, who saw the foul and was prepared to issue a yellow, yet capitulated to Moss in the VAR room like he was a trainee ref, he should have been man enough to say ' thanks for the opinion  I'm still king with a yellow' or is it mandatory to concede to  VAR?
2 mins FFS, it was Fox's first tackle and Townsend was just too quick with his feet, he wasn't hurt, just show some common sense!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 216
Stadium
January 5, 2019, 8:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from petethemariner

Absolutely spot on!  What i cannot comprehend is that Atkinson is  vastly experienced ref in the prem and Europe, who saw the foul and was prepared to issue a yellow, yet capitulated to Moss in the VAR room like he was a trainee ref, he should have been man enough to say ' thanks for the opinion  I'm still king with a yellow' or is it mandatory to concede to  VAR?
2 mins FFS, it was Fox's first tackle and Townsend was just too quick with his feet, he wasn't hurt, just show some common sense!

He would take the opinion of VAR-if he reviewed the evidence there would be no doubt he would have issued a red card.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 216
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 5, 2019, 8:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Stadium

But that isn't how VAR works.
VAR makes the decision.

How it worked in the World Cup where ref went over and personally revised the incident. My point is the match referee deemed it to be yellow. Whatever, I think a ref with many years premiership and international experience was not of the opinion it was red, however, you say it was a definite red so we should agree.

Nothing to say with eleven we would have played any better but if a man is to be sent off should be the decision of the match referee. I have no problem with VAR ref bringing it to his attention and asking him to look at tackle again but different refs make different judgement calls. Not against VAR but think this aspect needs tweaking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 216
Teestogreen
January 5, 2019, 8:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Stadium

Really?
So why didn't he have the final say?
VAR gave the correct decision & this is how the system is supposed to work.

Hence the laugh - the referee is no longer in charge. The 'men in black in the upper office' will decide who wins what. Who are they? Interesting how the gambling / bets will go?

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 216
Lincoln Mariner 56
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Stadium

He would take the opinion of VAR-if he reviewed the evidence there would be no doubt he would have issued a red card.

You cannot possibly know that for a fact so totally spurious argument, different refs make different decisions is that so hard to comprehend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 216
mimma
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Teestogreen

It wasn't was it - because the referee (the final man in charge  ) gave a yellow card! On this basis and the way Town played we may have drawn or even won.

This is what I was getting at. VAR draws the refs attention to things he's missed or doesn't have a clear view. In this case he had a good view of it and was going to give a yellow card. Then the VAR ref steps in, in my view he is out of order because he is in effect overruling the ref and telling him to change his mind irrespective of his decision.

So now it is VAR the has the final say not the man in charge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 216
MuddyWaters
January 5, 2019, 8:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Stadium

Correct but remember some people will want to forget the laws of the game and go back 30 years.

It was a yellow card - you know that, how many tackles have we seen in League 2 worse than that go unpunished. Townsend made an absolutely meal of it and the weak, pathetic Jon Moss took the opportunity to punish the lower league club.
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 216
Stadium
January 5, 2019, 8:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

How it worked in the World Cup where ref went over and personally revised the incident. My point is the match referee deemed it to be yellow. Whatever, I think a ref with many years premiership and international experience was not of the opinion it was red, however, you say it was a definite red so we should agree.

Nothing to say with eleven we would have played any better but if a man is to be sent off should be the decision of the match referee. I have no problem with VAR ref bringing it to his attention and asking him to look at tackle again but different refs make different judgement calls. Not against VAR but think this aspect needs tweaking.

What do think he would have done if he had reviewed the tackle after been informed by VAR??
In my opinion it was a red card offence.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 216
22 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.