This thread currently has 3,072 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
scott_gtfc_89
January 2, 2019, 8:50am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1
Anyone know how many points we was on this time last season about to go on that awful run?

I know before Christmas we had more points last season at that stage this this season,

Good festive period so am guessing we are on about the same as this time last year now?

Also what did 7th place have this time last season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
RichMariner
January 2, 2019, 11:10am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Exactly the same - 34 points from 26 games.

7th place was also 42 points, as it is today:

[url]https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-two/02-january-2018/[/url]

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
GollyGTFC
January 2, 2019, 11:38am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Can we delete this post. I didn’t think anyone was allowed to point out that MJ has done no better than Russell Slade.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 11
Grantley
January 2, 2019, 11:44am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Can we delete this post. I didn’t think anyone was allowed to point out that MJ has done no better than Russell Slade.

Let’s see if we can manage more than 2 points from our next 7 games then.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
KingstonMariner
January 2, 2019, 11:47am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Sounds like a cue for that Oscar Wilde quote about knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
IlkleyMariner
January 2, 2019, 12:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,870
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Grantley

Let’s see if we can manage more than 2 points from our next 7 games then.

Hopefully 3 points in our next League match v Macclesfield will cover that and put the debate to bed as well as keeping the momentum going for a push for the playoffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
ginnywings
January 2, 2019, 12:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Relative points totals aside, the team i witnessed yesterday bore no relation to the rag tag shambles i witnessed this time last season, which was made even worse with a terrible January window. Not sure i would blame Slade completely for the transfer activity, but my god we were bad a year ago.

We had a terrible start to this season, which was understandable given that the whole squad had to be dismantled and rebuilt yet again, as the consequence of two poor management choices in succession. Even with a makeshift back four, we were still 100% better than this time last year, and i think we can finally start looking up instead of over our shoulders. I've no doubt we will have another bad run of results or two yet this season, but i don't think we will be biting our nails over a relegation scrap. Had it not been for our terrible start, we would be firmly in the top 7 given recent form. The key now is getting in two or three players who will bring a definite improvement to the team, and i trust Jolley to deliver on that. Ring looks a good player given where he has been playing, and most of the other Jolley signings have been a significant improvement on what we had before. We have much better defenders, more creative and dynamic midfielders, and an excellent striker in Thomas.

Jolley will need another couple of windows to get us nearer to where we want to be, but i can't think that anyone believes we are not in a better place now, than we were a year ago, despite the points tally not yet reflecting the progress. Not to mention a rare cup run which has brought in much needed funds.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Mariner Timsky
January 2, 2019, 1:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from ginnywings
Relative points totals aside, the team i witnessed yesterday bore no relation to the rag tag shambles i witnessed this time last season, which was made even worse with a terrible January window. Not sure i would blame Slade completely for the transfer activity, but my god we were bad a year ago.

We had a terrible start to this season, which was understandable given that the whole squad had to be dismantled and rebuilt yet again, as the consequence of two poor management choices in succession. Even with a makeshift back four, we were still 100% better than this time last year, and i think we can finally start looking up instead of over our shoulders. I've no doubt we will have another bad run of results or two yet this season, but i don't think we will be biting our nails over a relegation scrap. Had it not been for our terrible start, we would be firmly in the top 7 given recent form. The key now is getting in two or three players who will bring a definite improvement to the team, and i trust Jolley to deliver on that. Ring looks a good player given where he has been playing, and most of the other Jolley signings have been a significant improvement on what we had before. We have much better defenders, more creative and dynamic midfielders, and an excellent striker in Thomas.

Jolley will need another couple of windows to get us nearer to where we want to be, but i can't think that anyone believes we are not in a better place now, than we were a year ago, despite the points tally not yet reflecting the progress. Not to mention a rare cup run which has brought in much needed funds.

The cup run giving us fans that extra bit of a buzz and excitement thats been lacking over the last many seasons!

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
GrimRob
January 2, 2019, 1:54pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from GollyGTFC

If you go back to this time last year people were talking out being one good run away from the play-offs and relegation was unimaginable. Subsequent events have obviously influenced your opinion.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 11
TheRealJohnLewis
January 2, 2019, 2:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Slade - 1.05 points per game after 43 games
Jolley - 1.38 points per game after 42 games

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stats

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.