chipsandgravy
January 1, 2019, 1:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,586
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from bawarmy
I’ve heard it’s huxford coming back but don’t shoot the messenger. It was a man in a pub that told me

Horrible man who very nearly bankrupt the club before Fenty bailed the club out!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 96
Davec
January 1, 2019, 1:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from arryarryarry
Heard at the match today that Mr Jolley senior is buying the club.🤔

We've had this rumour before and I'm sick of hearing it now

Michael's father passed away a few years ago now as it's been mentioned on several occasions on here. Let's show some respect!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 96
TheRealJohnLewis
January 1, 2019, 1:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I think his dad is dead, so unlikely!
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 96
Hagrid
January 1, 2019, 1:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,365
Gold Stars: 527
Well said aaron
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 96
Barrattstander
January 1, 2019, 2:18pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +868
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from bawarmy
It was a man in a pub that told me

About as reliable an alleged source of ‘inside’ information as the legendary ‘bloke behind me at the match’

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 96
KingstonMariner
January 1, 2019, 3:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Davec

We've had this rumour before and I'm sick of hearing it now

Michael's father passed away a few years ago now as it's been mentioned on several occasions on here. Let's show some respect!

Well obviously arry didn't know. Don't be so fricking holier than thou.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 96
GollyGTFC
January 2, 2019, 11:52am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,984
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Horrible man who very nearly bankrupt the club before Fenty bailed the club out!!

I bet you vote Tory! Sounds like them blaming national (GTFC) debt on Labour (Huxford) whilst conveniently forgetting the 2008 credit crunch (ITV Digital collapse) and them (Fenty) having themselves over doubled national (GTFC) debt since coming to power (buying the club).

Huxford was a decent man and he had genuine ambition to take the club further. It’s easy to forget that size wise we are in the same bracket as Wigan, Swansea & Bournemouth who had, and in Bournemouth’s case continue to have, lengthy spells in the Premier League. It’s very easy to wallow in the “Little Grimsby” excuse for complete lack of ambition after all.

Anyway, Huxford’s 80 in a few months so I think the idea that he’s going to return are frankly ridiculous.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 66 - 96
Cloudy
January 2, 2019, 12:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I bet you vote Tory! Sounds like them blaming national (GTFC) debt on Labour (Huxford) whilst conveniently forgetting the 2008 credit crunch (ITV Digital collapse) and them (Fenty) having themselves over doubled national (GTFC) debt since coming to power (buying the club).

Huxford was a decent man and he had genuine ambition to take the club further. It’s easy to forget that size wise we are in the same bracket as Wigan, Swansea & Bournemouth who had, and in Bournemouth’s case continue to have, lengthy spells in the Premier League. It’s very easy to wallow in the “Little Grimsby” excuse for complete lack of ambition after all.

Anyway, Huxford’s 80 in a few months so I think the idea that he’s going to return are frankly ridiculous.

What a wierd view. Some bring political claptrap into every argument.
I wouldnt trust Huxford as far as i could throw him. Most will have picked up I am very anti Fenty but I would take him over Huxford any day of the wekk
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 96
chipsandgravy
January 2, 2019, 12:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,586
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Oh come on! Decent man you must be joking. He let his overflated ego run away with him and paid wages we couldnt afford that nearly finished the club He was a car dealer with high opinions of himself far more than people had who dealt with him. I'm not a supporter of the Tory party just a supporter of decency which I can assure you Huxford didnt have a lot of, in my opinion of course!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 96
TheRealJohnLewis
January 2, 2019, 12:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39

Oh come on! Decent man you must be joking. He let his overflated ego run away with him and paid wages we couldnt afford that nearly finished the club He was a car dealer with high opinions of himself far more than people had who dealt with him. I'm not a supporter of the Tory party just a supporter of decency which I can assure you Huxford didnt have a lot of, in my opinion of course!

I've changed one word and this fits to Fenty

Oh come on! Decent man you must be joking. He let his overflated ego run away with him and paid wages we couldnt afford that nearly finished the club He was a Fish Merchant with high opinions of himself

Private Message
Reply: 69 - 96
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mike Ashley rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.