9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Kristine
January 2, 2019, 9:18am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Speaking to the met police and the Palace DFO tomorrow, I will say they are struggling to find a pub that will accept us near the ground but it'll be sorted will just depend how close to the ground you want to be when you start drinking.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 86
Mariner Timsky
January 2, 2019, 9:45am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
The Wembley situation was ideal but fortunately it was decent weather and we all could outside for a sing song

A pub within what 10/15 minutes walking distance to the ground would be ideal

But with 5000+ town fans I'm sure we will be spread all over the capital gradually making our way closer to the ground nearer match time

I think in general we just want clarification that a designated pub is available and a meeting place for many of us

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 86
lukeo
January 2, 2019, 9:51am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Quoted from Kristine
Speaking to the met police and the Palace DFO tomorrow, I will say they are struggling to find a pub that will accept us near the ground but it'll be sorted will just depend how close to the ground you want to be when you start drinking.

How is it you still work your bottom off and give the fans more support than who should be helping us In these situations? Obviously Palace being a prem club they're not arsed about a few pint sales. Exeter opened up an extra marquee when they had a big away following travel to them... Surely being a prem club they should have these kind of facilities inside the ground?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 86
Mariner Timsky
January 2, 2019, 9:57am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
I've seen some YouTube footage of fans in the concourse behind the away stand at Palace and it looks quite out dated and just like a lot we've been to in LG2

Anyone else wish it was Saturday already?!?!??!

Cant wait for the buzz of hearing and seeing Town fans singing and drinking around London

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 86
Cloudy
January 2, 2019, 9:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Kristine

Is that in some official capacity Kristine or just been a helpful 'good-egg'?
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 86
immariner
January 2, 2019, 10:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=173604

Sounds like we shouldn't bother trying to find a decent pub near the ground. Luckily it's a pretty short hop from Victoria/London Bridge/Clapham.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 86
Kristine
January 2, 2019, 11:29am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from lukeo

How is it you still work your bottom off and give the fans more support than who should be helping us In these situations? Obviously Palace being a prem club they're not arsed about a few pint sales. Exeter opened up an extra marquee when they had a big away following travel to them... Surely being a prem club they should have these kind of facilities inside the ground?

Adie works incredibly hard at the club in a number of different roles - they do serve alocohol but some prefer to drink elsewhere 1st.  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 86
Kristine
January 2, 2019, 11:31am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Cloudy

Is that in some official capacity Kristine or just been a helpful 'good-egg'?

I was included in an email thread yesterday from the Met with an offer to have a chat - felt it was either take them up on it or they'd be nothing else.  Doesn't really answer your question but I wasn't included in the discussion as an SLO

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 86
codcheeky
January 2, 2019, 12:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Kristine

I was included in an email thread yesterday from the Met with an offer to have a chat - felt it was either take them up on it or they'd be nothing else.  Doesn't really answer your question but I wasn't included in the discussion as an SLO

Your treatment by the club has been shameful   thank you for your continued efforts, the club  is more than foolish to let someone of you class and dignity leave a post in which you  showed so much value.
Some at the club must be hanging their heads in shame
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 86
Posh Harry
January 2, 2019, 1:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Palace1

Try The Prince George. 5 minute walk from the ground.

Got a mate who is a palace fan and he has also said that The George (which I assume is the same pub) at Thornton Heath is the away fans pub.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pub for Palace away

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.