This thread currently has 2,362 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Alexander Nilsson
December 30, 2018, 10:51am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +14
Hey everyone,
As a hobby project i've been working on a site where you can predict the final league table for different football leagues.

Now i've finally done it so its working with league two as well.
Anyone up for trying it out and see how its working? Its free, obviously, and no ads or whatever.
Only takes a minute or so to place a bet, you just drag and drop each team to the position you think they end up at. Then you get 1 error for each position you are off. Least amount of errors is the winner.

Errors and standings updates after each game.
And there is statistics for how other people has betted, with an average table where each team is giving an average position based on all bets.

Not interested in this being some spam-ad thingy so i'm just checking if people would be interested before giving our the URL!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Mallyner
December 30, 2018, 10:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
There are worse things you could be doing with your time son, I know I have done most of them.  

Sounds like  a bit of interesting fun.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
grimsby pete
December 30, 2018, 2:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Sounds good mate.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
cmackenzie4
December 30, 2018, 2:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Yes I’d be up for this too, sounds good

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
Alexander Nilsson
December 30, 2018, 5:11pm
Coke Drinker
It seems there's some interest, so i've created a competition for us!

Link to place a bet: https://betlings.com/competitions/the-fishy

Then just click the button "Bet in this competition". You'll then have to register an account and then you'll end up at the betform. The registration is just to make sure we can keep track of your score. No verification etc needed.

Password to place the bet after all team has been dragged: blundell
(note, do not mix this up with the one you enter at the register page.. that is your private password)

I'll leave it open for new bets till 1/1 13:00, before the Mansfield game. Up until then you wont be able to see other people's bets.

After 1/1 13:00, by using the above link you will be able to follow the standings etc, updated after each game.
It's gonna look like this, with statistics etc (this is taken from an ongoing Serie A competition): https://betlings.com/competitions/curva-scirea

I'll however make sure to post some regularly updates on here as well, to keep it interesting throughout the season.

You can also choose to receive push notifications after every 5th round if you want to (and if your browser has support for it). There should be a popup question after placing the bet, letting you select that.

Hit me if you got any questions or something doesn't work as expected. I'm not a designer so the ugliness is something to live with
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
Alexander Nilsson
December 31, 2018, 9:23am
Coke Drinker
7 bets registered so far!
Can we reach 15?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
Alexander Nilsson
January 2, 2019, 9:48pm
Coke Drinker
A bit later than expected but this has now kicked off.

There were no more bets registered after my last update so final number is 7. Easier to win!

Some key points from our bets:
Lincoln is the favourite to win @ 1.9 average position among all bets.
Followed by Milton K's @ 2.4 average position.

Grimsby has an average position of 10.4, meaning up 3 positions from today. And thats including theburge68's bet that has us @ 24th pos.
Crawley is another team thats expected to change 3 positions from their current, however they are going down, rather than up (to 20th from 17th).
Yea well, not very interesting statistics with so few participants.

All bets, and the standings, can be found here: https://betlings.com/competitions/the-fishy
Its updated after every game. And considering we're only 7, there wont be any need for updating this thread.

If you guys enjoy it we can do something similar next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
TheRealJohnLewis
January 2, 2019, 10:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I thought we were predicting final positions at not after each match!
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
Alexander Nilsson
January 3, 2019, 9:41am
Coke Drinker
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
I thought we were predicting final positions at not after each match!

You are right! But you can see the current standings after each game. However, its only the final position that really "matters".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › League Two Final Table Prediction

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.