Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from moosey_club

the same one as Rhys Wilmott & Tommy Forecast

And that kid we had on loan last season that mysteriously disappeared.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
forza ivano
December 29, 2018, 7:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from bradzmilne
Best goalkeeper we’ve ever had ?

Hmmmm. I will give you Dave Beasant. George tweedy.ian Turner, nigel batch ,Danny Coyne n Wayne Henderson immediately
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
forza ivano
December 29, 2018, 7:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265

A d I forgot Aidan Davidson and Steve mildenhall. And what a out manu young lad Henderson who we had last year?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
Poojah
December 29, 2018, 7:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from forza ivano

Hmmmm. I will give you Dave Beasant. George tweedy.ian Turner, nigel batch ,Danny Coyne n Wayne Henderson immediately

Interesting that no one’s mentioned our record clean sheet holder during a season, Aidan Davison. Perhaps memories are tainted by his second stint and the way he left first time around, but he was incredible between 97-99.

Beasant, Davison and Coyne are the best I’ve seen in my lifetime. Macca is a Town great but having only ever played two levels below the aforementioned three, you can’t really make a comparison.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 29, 2018, 7:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from forza ivano

I'd go along with that and add Charlie Wright who remains the best I have seen, though George Tweedy was always said to be the life and soul of the 30s side. Ian Turner is underrated, when he left us he was a regular at Southampton for many seasons including winning the FA Cup. I always thought Sherwood was very good, not in the gymnastic way of Batch or Macca but he was a great organiser for the back 4 and read the game so well that with his positioning and anticipation he often didn't need to actually make a save.

Funny isn't it? Only a few months ag a lot of people on the Fishy were saying that Macca was not good enough for L2 and he had indeed made more than a few howlers. It cannot be coincidence that this super form comes after we signed Russell. Not only is he a coach but he is competition and fans have rated him highly when he's been in the side.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 29, 2018, 8:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
At the start of the season the loss of Warrington was also cited as a factor in Macca not having best start to the season.

Demonstrates we all jump in too early on occasions in judgement of the team, manager and all other things associated with GTFC. When right we love reminding all of our foresight and when wrong say it was all the other moaners who got it wrong.

Have to say in those early weeks Hessantauler looked lightweight to me and if you had told me our best run would come with him and the ever improving Harry Clifton holding down the central roles I would have fallen over laughing. Still laughing but because of our results and roll on Mansfield 😄😄
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
golfer
December 29, 2018, 8:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
It just goes to show how fickle we are on the Fishy.Love- hate,  hate - love  relationships
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
golfer
December 29, 2018, 8:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
What I liked seeing was their No 11 congratulating Macca on that save just before the end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
WesternMariner
December 29, 2018, 8:40pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +892
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from golfer
What I liked seeing was their No 11 congratulating Macca on that save just before the end.

This - one of those occasions in the heat of battle where their lad has just had to say well done.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
fiveallive
December 29, 2018, 8:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

And that kid we had on loan last season that mysteriously disappeared.

Jake Keane is currently on loan at Mansfield and might be playing New Year's day, the 1st choice out for the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca's save

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.