6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
The Yard Dog
December 29, 2018, 5:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Macca seems to have improved under Russell, were as with Warrington there never seem to improve.

Best goalie for Town during my 40 odd years following, no, but a vast improvement this year and has showed that he is committed GTFC signing a 3 year deal.

Look foward to watching Macca's saves later, back to the fortess of BP on Tuesday for the clash of the 2 in form teams.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
fiveallive
December 29, 2018, 5:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
What list is Anthony Williams on lol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
fiveallive
December 29, 2018, 5:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Jason Pearcey was shocking aswell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
moosey_club
December 29, 2018, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from fiveallive
What list is Anthony Williams on lol.

the same one as Rhys Wilmott & Tommy Forecast

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
December 29, 2018, 5:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
I hope they put a video on youtube of just all the saves he made from that game

Saying that maybe they’ll not bother till after january
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
wigworld
December 29, 2018, 5:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from petethemariner
We have had some great keepers over the years, in addition to the ones mentioned there was  Danny Coyne, Aiden Davison, Paul Crichton, Steve Mildenhall, not forgetting of course Tommy Forecast!

Well he was certainly legendary!   No honourary mention for international great, Nick Colgan?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 50
Poojah
December 29, 2018, 5:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,454
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from fiveallive
Macca's performance reminded me of Danny Coyne today.

Yep. His save near the end was indeed an absolute worldie but it wasn’t the only one.

I remember watching Town win away at a QPR side featuring a young Peter Crouch one Paddy’s day and Coyne must have made 30 saves, at least 10 of them that he had no right to.

Like Macca, Coyne lacked dominance in the box but Christ he was worth the entrance fee alone on his day and probably kept us in the second tier a season or two longer than we otherwise might.

As someone posted earlier, Macca has already reached legendary status for me and whether he makes 10 years at the club or not he deserves a testimonial. Not many players stick around longer than 3 or 4 years at this level anymore.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
cardiffmariner
December 29, 2018, 6:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,314
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Poojah

Yep. His save near the end was indeed an absolute worldie but it wasn’t the only one.

I remember watching Town win away at a QPR side featuring a young Peter Crouch one Paddy’s day and Coyne must have made 30 saves, at least 10 of them that he had no right to.

Like Macca, Coyne lacked dominance in the box but Christ he was worth the entrance fee alone on his day and probably kept us in the second tier a season or two longer than we otherwise might.

As someone posted earlier, Macca has already reached legendary status for me and whether he makes 10 years at the club or not he deserves a testimonial. Not many players stick around longer than 3 or 4 years at this level anymore.

I was there that day too. Best goalkeeping display I've seen live bar none. Coyne at his best, pulling off a number of close range reflex saves that we're as good as any goal. McKeown is certainly playing well, and on current form he's one of the best in the league, but Coyne was a different level.

Think we won 1-0 with a late Groves goal but could be wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
McAllisters Ghost
December 29, 2018, 6:17pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +42
Quoted from cardiffmariner

I was there that day too. Best goalkeeping display I've seen live bar none. Coyne at his best, pulling off a number of close range reflex saves that we're as good as any goal. McKeown is certainly playing well, and on current form he's one of the best in the league, but Coyne was a different level.

Crouch certainly got some stick from the Town crowd that day and we took a fair few to that game. Used to enjoy our games at Loftus Road, always a good atmosphere.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
Poojah
December 29, 2018, 6:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,454
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from cardiffmariner

I remember it as a Wayne Burnett tap-in from a rebound, but I could be wrong. I definitely remember that we deserved to lose by a huge margin, but aren’t those just the best away days?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca's save

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.