This thread currently has 5,953 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
scott_gtfc_89
December 28, 2018, 4:01pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1
I see Grimsby are training in Birmingham ahead of traveling down to Exeter today ready for tomorrows Match.

Obviously it’s going to cost to stay over night somewhere and am guessing finding somewhere to train is going to cost too.

Also guessing they will be staying over in London next weekend too,

I was wondering if anyone knew if training and staying over is a regular thing for Town on long away days or as it just stared this season?

I know it could be a one off but it’s nice to see the board allowing this and giving M.J what he things he needs for best preparation for away games.

M.J has done nothing but praise the board for there help in giving him what he needs on and off the pitch, allowing the changes his done when he came to the club like little things about the team not having to wash there own gear anymore.

Nice to see the manager getting the full backing where needed, players might seem to want to move here now with all these little touches making us seem a lot more professional.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Garth
December 28, 2018, 4:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Stopping at Brum for a meet up with Omar
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
jock dock tower
December 28, 2018, 4:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Even up at Auchinleck if we play away in the Junior Cup or Scottish Cup, and it's in the Highlands we stay overnight. It's common sense more than anything else....and a huge drain on resources when you play three successive Scottish Cup ties away at Wick Academy, Cove Rangers and Fraserburgh.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
ginnywings
December 28, 2018, 4:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Been out for a walk up to the fitties this afternoon, and i was positive i saw MJ walking along the sea front in a tracky, with some toddlers in tow. Maybe a doppelganger.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
Rob_in_Grimsby
December 28, 2018, 4:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89
I see Grimsby are training in Birmingham ahead of traveling down to Exeter today ready for tomorrows Match.

Obviously it’s going to cost to stay over night somewhere and am guessing finding somewhere to train is going to cost too.

Also guessing they will be staying over in London next weekend too,

I was wondering if anyone knew if training and staying over is a regular thing for Town on long away days or as it just stared this season?

I know it could be a one off but it’s nice to see the board allowing this and giving M.J what he things he needs for best preparation for away games.

M.J has done nothing but praise the board for there help in giving him what he needs on and off the pitch, allowing the changes his done when he came to the club like little things about the team not having to wash there own gear anymore.

Nice to see the manager getting the full backing where needed, players might seem to want to move here now with all these little touches making us seem a lot more professional.

Town have for as long as I can remember have done overnight trips for all weekend matches over I think 2-3 hours away.
They tend to not stay over if its a night game but choose to travel in the morning and stop  to train somewhere en-route

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
crusty ole pie
December 28, 2018, 4:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,338
Gold Stars: 62
Even in those dark days that I am trying to forget for trips to torquay etc there would be a overnight stay no way would anyone wan5 the player# up at 5 for a 5 hour coach journey
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
pontoon442
December 28, 2018, 4:47pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
How do you know hes getting full backing from the board, hes not gonna say hes not is he, he'll be give a tight budget and that's it, you have manage with that, and that's the way it is, except at Manchester City. Overnight stays are regarded as a treat for the players, its down to whether to stay before or after a game, they don't get two nights.  But back in Slade 1.0 days they flew down to play Exeter City in the FA Cup when City were non league, didn't work, town lost, another humiliation from Slade & Fenty...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
Mallyner
December 28, 2018, 8:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from jock dock tower
Even up at Auchinleck if we play away in the Junior Cup or Scottish Cup, and it's in the Highlands we stay overnight. It's common sense more than anything else....and a huge drain on resources when you play three successive Scottish Cup ties away at Wick Academy, Cove Rangers and Fraserburgh.

Is that the Scottish teacup?

Joking apart Jock you have got me looking out for the Talbot's results.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
arryarryarry
December 28, 2018, 9:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from pontoon442
How do you know hes getting full backing from the board, hes not gonna say hes not is he, he'll be give a tight budget and that's it, you have manage with that, and that's the way it is, except at Manchester City. Overnight stays are regarded as a treat for the players, its down to whether to stay before or after a game, they don't get two nights.  But back in Slade 1.0 days they flew down to play Exeter City in the FA Cup when City were non league, didn't work, town lost, another humiliation from Slade & Fenty...

Have the players ever stayed overnight after a game, possibly a Wembley match but never heard of them staying after a league game.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
crusty ole pie
December 28, 2018, 10:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,338
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from arryarryarry

Have the players ever stayed overnight after a game, possibly a Wembley match but never heard of them staying after a league game.

There was one occasion under big Lawie the team was playing up north and the weather turned an£ they all booked into an hotel and got drunk
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The M.J. effect

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.