2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Nutsy
December 28, 2018, 12:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
Who is on your Wishlist for January signings?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Bristol Mariner
December 28, 2018, 12:24pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
New Swedish centre back

[img]https://i.ibb.co/1Qm7R00/vurt-the-furk-swedish-chef-saying-what-the-intercourse-1476380275.jpg%22[/img]

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
Mallyner
December 28, 2018, 8:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Agnetha, I could take a chance on her.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
promotion plaice
December 28, 2018, 8:59pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Lionel Messi.....although no doubt Cowley will have had him watched I think he is more suited to our style of play.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
fishboyUTM
December 28, 2018, 11:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
We'll need another centre back. Maybe as backup to Davis and Collins with a view to replacing Collins next season, although Whackmore has improved lately. We're short there, and with Dixon gone (thank the Lord), and Fox likely to be moving on, even with Ring's signing we're short. Famewo could cover perhaps but has had his fair share of injuries and hasn't set the world alight when he's played. I like Hendrie at right back, get him signed up.

We really could do with good news regarding Charles Vernam as he's a huge player for us, if it's bad news I really don't think Cardwell is the answer down the right of the three. Beyond that, we'd be looking at Woolford or Hessenthaler, both out of position and not suitable long term.

Do we need another centre forward? Wes Thomas is on fire at the moment, I'd like to see Akheem Rose given an opportunity rather than signing someone else as he's showed real glimpses of quality and has undoubted pace. I think there is a real player in Jordan Cook as well, he hasn't been in the side of late but he has great technical qualities, I just don't know where he plays.

Our bench of late does look a little lightweight, but I wouldn't want us bringing players in for the sake of it. The lads are really gelling now, the team has a real work ethic, I was proud of them at Vale and of late. I wouldn't want too many out and too many in to upset that spirit.

Our biggest signings for me, would be the lads who are running through walls for us and out of contract in six months time. I've long criticised our contract renewal policy. Now is the time to re-sign players who are settled, of good character and doing the business for us. Let's not have yet another player of the year sodomist off on a Bosman.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
hheh2
December 29, 2018, 12:06am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Woolford or Hessenthaler, both out of position and not suitable long term.

What's wrong with Hess?

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
Mrs Doyle
December 29, 2018, 4:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Someone to share the workload up front with Sergent Wes Thomas. He gets through some work and is knocked about I am sure he would welcome another decent striker who can run direct at defences and score goals.

We had one until Fenty's mate (Spit) got rid of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
Mendonca1995
December 29, 2018, 7:35am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Centre half winger striker - job done

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
Cloudy
December 29, 2018, 7:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Not a wishlist as such but I wonder if their is an issue with Famewo?
Article in Luton press seems to suggest he has just been left out here rather than injured and I may be reading between the lines too much but is there a question about his attitude?

MJ not given much info about his sudden injury which was going to keep him out a "couple of weeks" in early Nov?
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
golfer
December 29, 2018, 9:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
A. Belle to follow Ring from Sweden according to yesterdays Musical Express
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › January Wishlist

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.