5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
December 23, 2018, 12:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Just wish that Macca would stop kicking it up high in the air to him and hit it flatter. He can control it with his chest. He has really good close control and this would be playing to his advantage instead of high balls playing into a centre half's hands.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 42
Ipswin
December 23, 2018, 4:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from RoboCod
, he's going to get close to cult-status soon.

Rather a long way to go before that I think (unless you mean he's going to join one!   )

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 42
TheRealJohnLewis
December 23, 2018, 4:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I love it when Thomas has the ball at his feet, he twists and turns to create space but hardly ever loses possession.

He's our best player IMHO at the moment.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 42
hheh2
December 23, 2018, 4:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
He is the striker we were missing, has strength, pace, movement, positioning and goals. Best striker we have had since Bogle!

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 42
Mrs Doyle
December 23, 2018, 4:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from 140067
Took his goal well despite an arm in the face. If it hadn't of gone in it should have been a penalty. Watch the highlights and see if you agree.

Talking about the amount of abuse Wes gets, he drunk that defender off so much he had to resort to a nasty physical assault by that tosser right near the dugout.

The soft of shite ref and linesman totally ignored that and booked both him and Wes, clearly, the defender should have been sent off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 42
TheRealJohnLewis
December 23, 2018, 4:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Talking about the amount of abuse Wes gets, he drunk that defender off so much he had to resort to a nasty physical assault by that tosser right near the dugout.

The soft of shite ref and linesman totally ignored that and booked both him and Wes clearly the defender should have been sent off.

The defender was also lashing out at Thomas when Clifton bundled the ball over the line for his goal.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 42
fleabag1970
December 23, 2018, 5:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Wes is the best forward I've seen at  BP in years

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 42
BottesfordMariner
December 23, 2018, 5:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Thomas's CV suggested he would be fine  for L2 when he signed. Whilst not prolific he has by far the best scoring record of any of existing strikers and mainly at a higher level.

It took a while for him to find his form but you have to remember we signed him pretty late in the summer as a free agent. I think it was a couple of games after the season began. He clearly looks after himself and was maybe training over the summer but he wasnt playing matches. This put him a bit behind the others and I think his lack of sharpness early on was down to that.

Certainly over the last dozen games or so he has got better and better with each game. Yesterday he was great. Worked hard, chased down, looked sharp and his hold up play at times was a class above this level. Fully deserved his goal and would have been MOM but when your centre half scores 2 and keeps a clean sheet i suppose hard not to give it to them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 42
Davec
December 23, 2018, 6:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
We need to try and get a new contract sorted for him soon. Expires end of season and i am quite sure league 1 clubs would be looking at him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 42
fishboyUTM
December 23, 2018, 6:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Shame he's nearly 32. I'd certainly look to extend his contract for another season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wes Thomas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.