7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerRob
December 23, 2018, 1:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
At the third goal, their players were blocking and shielding Harry Cardwell. This allowed Davis and Whitemore to come in at the far post. So Harry Cardwell was instrumental in the first 3 goals which is encouraging.
And Wes is turning into a firm favourite of mine. And what I also like is the hard work and not giving up attitude.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 61
grimsby pete
December 23, 2018, 1:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Am I right in thinking Harry Davies only signed a one year deal ?

If so we had better sign him up for longer pronto.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 61
Cloudy
December 23, 2018, 4:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from grimsby pete
Am I right in thinking Harry Davies only signed a one year deal ?

If so we had better sign him up for longer pronto.

One year with a one year option so no panic
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
Madeleymariner
December 23, 2018, 5:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Really enjoyed it yesterday, generally a good performance all round. If we beat Fale, get a point at Exeter and McKeown stays (heard a rumour Saturday he was on his way to Middlesborough ) I really think it sets us up as having the ability to finish as a top 10 team and who knows how high in that top ten it could be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
Skrill
December 23, 2018, 5:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Play-offs are a real possibility now.

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
TheRealJohnLewis
December 23, 2018, 5:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Skrill
Play-offs are a real possibility now.

This is the position of the teams we play up until the end of Jan.

6th, 5th, Palace, Bottom, Top, 7th & 2nd.  If we can hold some kind of form then it's going to be a good run in and potential playoffs.

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
Cloudy
December 23, 2018, 5:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Really enjoyed it yesterday, generally a good performance all round. If we beat Fale, get a point at Exeter and McKeown stays (heard a rumour Saturday he was on his way to Middlesborough ) I really think it sets us up as having the ability to finish as a top 10 team and who knows how high in that top ten it could be.

Anyone seriously think Macca is a a Championship keeper?

Did you hear it on ifollow?
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
Madeleymariner
December 23, 2018, 6:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Heard it from someone at the match, like I said was a rumour, as dont know if this person is in the know or not. As for being championship quality, not sure myself but who, when we were in the conference, had Andy Cook down as likely to be playing in League 1, a few years later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
Northbank Mariner
December 23, 2018, 7:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Heard it from someone at the match, like I said was a rumour, as dont know if this person is in the know or not. As for being championship quality, not sure myself but who, when we were in the conference, had Andy Cook down as likely to be playing in League 1, a few years later.

Let's put this rumour to bed right now...he had the chance to play in the Scottish Premier, turned that down to stay with us, loves this town and club and in all honesty with his level of his distribution which has never really improved he's just not championship level, certainly not at a club that's looking to get promoted to the top table of English football...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2018, 8:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Let's put this rumour to bed right now...he had the chance to play in the Scottish Premier, turned that down to stay with us, loves this town and club and in all honesty with his level of his distribution which has never really improved he's just not championship level, certainly not at a club that's looking to get promoted to the top table of English football...

Other than Celtic, Rangers (just) Aberdeen and possibly Hearts most of the sweaties Prem clubs are L2 standard at best so maybe despite a good pay rise professionaly Macca realised the grass wasn’t greener.

You’ll never really know how good a player is until he gets thrown in there. When Ryan Bennet played for Town could we really say he was good enough to be a regular in a top 10 perm side?

All I know is that he’s as good as what you get in L2 and considering he’s 1 year into a 3 year deal a good playing asset for the club.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.