2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
December 21, 2018, 7:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Does anybody else think Town should get in touch with the builder from Boston who has just won £76 million
and invite him onto our board.

Before some other club does it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
December 21, 2018, 7:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,994
Gold Stars: 193

If he came on board we could guarantee him the contract to build our new stadium although I'm not sure how much he can get in his van so it could take a while    

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
KingstonMariner
December 21, 2018, 11:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete
Does anybody else think Town should get in touch with the builder from Boston who has just won £76 million

Nope. Look how well it went the last time we got involved with a self-employed businessman who made millions overnight. He then went on to sodomist the club up for years and fell out with that lottery winner, and we still owe him £2m.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
promotion plaice
December 21, 2018, 11:40pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,994
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from grimsby pete

He might be one of those weird blokes that doesn't like football......

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
TownSNAFU5
December 22, 2018, 12:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,842
Gold Stars: 42
Well.............my father was admitted to the Pilgrim Hospital in Boston 2 days ago. I have cancelled my ticket for tomorrow and will be visiting him.

If I see a rich looking bloke on ward 6B I will certainly explain the benefits of investing in a long established north lincs football club. 😏
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Mallyner
December 22, 2018, 8:16am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from grimsby pete

Could be a waste of time Pete, he would just leave the invite in his van.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
TownSNAFU5
December 22, 2018, 9:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,842
Gold Stars: 42
The lottery winners' partner is a catering assistant at Boston Hospital. (The tea lady on the ward said this - as confirmed by google search).   I was there today visiting my dad.  The restaurant is closed at the weekend.  

However, the next time I go to the hospital I will have a meal and try and speak to her (Ms Fairhurst) if she is about.  You never know, there might be a Grimsby fan in the family somewhere.  In the 1930s fans travelled to home games from the Boston area.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.  This is a longshot, but so was Leicester winning the Prem.  (I do want a 10% fee though and free shares).  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
NorthLondonMariner
December 23, 2018, 6:43am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Nope. Look how well it went the last time we got involved with a self-employed businessman who made millions overnight. He then went on to sodomist the club up for years and fell out with that lottery winner, and we still owe him £2m.

Boring. "We" still owe him 2 mill"  No. He lent the club 2 mill. of "His Money" and has said time and time again hes not going to call those loans in.  How much did we owe the tax man? how many players did we have on championship wages when ITV Digital went pop? Yes we have had a pretty excrement decade, but ffs, lay off JF, Hes blood is black and white. Yes hes made mistakes, but hes human, we all make mistakes.   The amount of excrement the guy has to put up with is beyond belief.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
TheRealJohnLewis
December 23, 2018, 8:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner

Boring. "We" still owe him 2 mill"  No. He lent the club 2 mill. of "His Money" and has said time and time again hes not going to call those loans in.  How much did we owe the tax man? how many players did we have on championship wages when ITV Digital went pop? Yes we have had a pretty excrement decade, but ffs, lay off JF, Hes blood is black and white. Yes hes made mistakes, but hes human, we all make mistakes.   The amount of excrement the guy has to put up with is beyond belief.  

Championship to 6 years in Non-league, and countless mistakes, I would say it is justified.

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Marinerz93
December 23, 2018, 11:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner

Tell me one mistake he has apologized for and reference it, from breaking kids flags, fans forum fiasco of hanging Matt Dean out to dry to the relegation's, baiting fans and countless other times he has embarrassed the club. People usually forgive mistakes if the person making them apologizes.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £76  million

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.