Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Embo!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 261 Guests

Embo!

This thread currently has 4,301 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
December 20, 2018, 4:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Private Message
hheh2
December 20, 2018, 5:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Think it is obvious that he should get his stay extended. Hope Ross agrees. He can't be loaned out to another team since he played for Sunderland in the cup.

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
OllieGTFC
December 20, 2018, 5:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Don’t worry about it he will be back

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Abdul19
December 20, 2018, 6:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
I hope he has the shittest day's training of his life!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
jock dock tower
December 20, 2018, 7:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Sunderland seem to be doing very well without his services and I assume they'll be delighted with the arrangement so far because he's getting valuable match practice, doing well, and getting battle hardened. Can't see any reason for it not to continue. Am sure he'll be wanting to play Palace as well.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
chaos33
December 20, 2018, 8:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from hheh2
Think it is obvious that he should get his stay extended. Hope Ross agrees. He can't be loaned out to another team since he played for Sunderland in the cup.

I thought he played for us in the cup?

Is it right that he can't be loaned elsewhere beyond January?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
Davec
December 20, 2018, 8:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
What did Ross say on Radio Humberside, did anybody catch it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
mariner91
December 20, 2018, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Yeah Embleton played for Sunderland in the Carabao cup so it's a choice of keeping him there and him maybe not playing as much or coming back here. Which is weird because I'm sure a certain poster on here told us he's going to Lincoln.

He is a good player, there are many players who have played for England junior levels and never gone on to great things. Make of it what you think, but he's been scouted for quite a while, Anderson has played League 1 and 2, Embleton has played what, less than 20  league games? He will end up here in January in my opinion, That's based on some hearsay and some factual information too.I have never seen him play, so I am not even sure he would get in our team.

Ah yes, based on "factual information". I think he needs some new sources.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
hheh2
December 21, 2018, 12:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from chaos33

I thought he played for us in the cup?

Is it right that he can't be loaned elsewhere beyond January?

He can't be loaned out to another team only extend stay with us or return to parent club.

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
diehardmariner
December 21, 2018, 4:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,407
Gold Stars: 532
Trying to remove my Town hat from my thoughts, I can't see why Ross would want to do anything other than keep Embleton here.

He's already stated that he wants Embleton to have 40-games under his belt ready for next season.  Here he's pretty much guaranteed to not only start games but have a lot of the player built around him.  Jolley has developed this side to play a style of football that not only gets the best out of players like Embelton but is a style that matches up to what I've seen (albeit in a limited fashion) to that which Ross is developing at Sunderland.

If Emleton goes elsewhere there's no guarantee he'll get regular football or indeed in a side that plays it like us.  If, for example, he went to to Lincoln he would spend most of his afternoons watching the ball sail over his head.  That's not a dig at Lincoln either, it's the case for a lot of sides at this level.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
HertsGTFC
December 21, 2018, 5:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227
Maybe he’s just going back to spend a few days with his folks before a busy week up and down the country on the Town bus.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Embo!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.