Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Palace, reserved or unreserved seating?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 226 Guests

Palace, reserved or unreserved seating?

This thread currently has 5,104 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Welwynmariner
December 19, 2018, 6:59pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Last time we went there there was no problem with sitting where you liked. That was in the Championship (November 2002) can't believe we'll be taking more than we did then.

Be advised that they used to play Dave Clarke 5 music and possibly still do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
Abdul19
December 19, 2018, 7:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
I suspect we've already sold 4 times as many tickets than went then.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
mimma
December 19, 2018, 7:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
This will give you some idea of the view for away fans. Skip the beginning, to the 7 minute mark  to get an idea of what it is like. Back rows are worst due to low roof and television gantry. There are also large posts holding the roof up that you may get stuck behind. Pick your seats carefully!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjyM-GAP55o
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
LH
December 19, 2018, 9:13pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
Loosely on subject: Has anyone got a ticket further back than row 40? I bought my tickets on Saturday morning and forgot to check how far back I was before I walked off with it. I was told today that row 40 is fine and that they are not selling us any restricted view seats but I’d like to have a decent view if possible.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
golfer
December 19, 2018, 9:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
What a scruffy load of supporters-must be a poor view 'cos half of them were facing the wrong way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
The Yard Dog
December 19, 2018, 10:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
You can not see all the pitch from the back 10 row SEATED, Standing you will struggle to see half the pitch! A Watford fan said "It is the worst view in the Prem from the back few rows".

There are going to be a lot of empty seats in that stand however many we take, so I hope none of us have to sit in a seat with a[/b] restricted view.[b]

It will be a bit like seating in the Main Stand, just a bit more modern.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
vernontown
December 19, 2018, 11:45pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +93
Gold Stars: 8
I asked the question because I don't want to pay for an expensive weekend away, (I've got an 11 year old who has never lived in Grimsby but is an obsessive Town fan), and end up in seats where you can't actually see the game, which is what I've heard about the rear seats in that stand.

My son wants to go, I assume, because he has no experience of Town winning a single FA Cup game beyond qualifying rounds since he was a toddler, and he's attended some of those! So if I turned up and some Cockwomble thought it was ok to see us sitting where we couldn't see rather than the seats we had reserved I'd question how much said Cockwomble cared about the future of Town rather than putting his or her self's instant gratification above meaning some youngsters grow up supporting Town rather than Man Utd, Chelsea, or, God forbid, Leeds!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
WetFlannel
December 19, 2018, 11:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
I always prefer standing at away games, and although it’s frustrated to be told to sit down by people when there’s a big away end and unrestricted seating, when there’s reserved seating it’s not hard to sit where you’re supposed to. Of course, in a perfect world we could usher the people who want to sit to the front and those who want to sit at the back, and allow everyone to be with who they want to be. Since that can’t happen, just go to your seat and make sure you create a decent atmosphere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
Cloudy
December 20, 2018, 6:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from WetFlannel
I always prefer standing at away games, and although it’s frustrated to be told to sit down by people when there’s a big away end and unrestricted seating, when there’s reserved seating it’s not hard to sit where you’re supposed to. Of course, in a perfect world we could usher the people who want to sit to the front and those who want to sit at the back, and allow everyone to be with who they want to be. Since that can’t happen, just go to your seat and make sure you create a decent atmosphere

Trouble is those who want to stand tend to migrate to the front.
Says a lot really
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
Gaffer58
December 20, 2018, 7:47am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
Booked a table for four at a local restaurant last Saturday evening, although we had paid to sit we spent the whole meal stood up, how f@@@ing stupid. Also those that insist on standing that are going down by train and have booked seats are they going to stand for the full journey?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Palace, reserved or unreserved seating?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.