Bristol Mariner
December 18, 2018, 3:56pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from caistormariner
As a United supporter for as long as I have followed Town (Town always no 1) I have never understood the level of hate for them.  Sure they had a lot of success in recent  years but they had their fair share of barren years especially when Liverpool were all conquering indeed they suffered relegation in the 70,s yet the whole world seems to despise them without the same for City Liverpool Chelsea but after years if this I suppose I must just take it

Why Man Utd?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 51
rancido
December 18, 2018, 5:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,531
Gold Stars: 96
As a United supporter for as long as I have followed Town (Town always no 1) I have never understood the level of hate for them.  Sure they had a lot of success in recent  years but they had their fair share of barren years especially when Liverpool were all conquering indeed they suffered relegation in the 70,s yet the whole world seems to despise them without the same for City Liverpool Chelsea but after years if this I suppose I must just take it

Arrogance is the reason. The club thinks it is better than any other club. The fans ( at least the ones I have met ) are arrogant and look down on fans of lower teams. They attract arrogant managers and Mourinho is the most arrogant manager ever. What really capped it for me was when  they pulled out of the FA Cup to play a meaningless game in Japan. That , to me, showed utter contempt of English football and possibly deprived a low division team of having a " once in a lifetime " opportunity to play them. In my eyes they are on par with Scunthorpe as being the lowest of the low.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
Abdul19
December 18, 2018, 5:30pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
To be fair to them (urgh!), wasn't it the FA that pushed them into that?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
tintowner
December 18, 2018, 5:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
There’s plenty to choose from, ex-players like Hughes and Bruce, even Giggs and Keane. But they will want a statement manager. If they can’t get Zidane or Wenger or Ponch they might go to South America for someone we’ve never heard of. They might go for someone immediately available without hassle like Wenger. I suspect Wenger is finished in the PL now though, he’s done it all so why bother? Zidane is also free and I reckon he fancies it. Is he good enough at the big decisions though? He owed a lot at Madrid to his big gorilla mate on the pitch.

Hughes will probably be thinking to himself that he is a serious contender for the job.....in fact.....they all will.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
supertown
December 18, 2018, 5:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Abdul19
To be fair to them (urgh!), wasn't it the FA that pushed them into that?

No
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
Brazilnut
December 18, 2018, 5:53pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from supertown

No

I am with Abdul on this , believe the FA encouraged them to do it thinking it would help our at the time World Cup bid

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
caistormariner
December 18, 2018, 5:56pm

Always think in Black and White
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +62
As I said at the start I don't understand the hate but the comments and red crosses prove my point
By the way I was born in manchester
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 51
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 18, 2018, 6:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
As I said at the start I don't understand the hate but the comments and red crosses prove my point
By the way I was born in manchester

In which case you should support Man City!,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 51
caistormariner
December 18, 2018, 6:19pm

Always think in Black and White
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +62
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

In which case you should support Man City!,

Why
Not that old chestnut that only people born in Manchester support City and the rest of the world supports United
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
golfer
December 18, 2018, 6:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from grimsby pete
Reported that misery will get £18 million payoff,

I wonder if he wants to buy his own club ?

I know one that's a snip at £2 million.

What was the last club that he didn't get sacked from-I bet he's running Slade close
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mourinho sacked

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.