6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
December 18, 2018, 11:47am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,689
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from caistormariner
As a United supporter for as long as I have followed Town (Town always no 1) I have never understood the level of hate for them.  Sure they had a lot of success in recent  years but they had their fair share of barren years especially when Liverpool were all conquering indeed they suffered relegation in the 70,s yet the whole world seems to despise them without the same for City Liverpool Chelsea but after years if this I suppose I must just take it

For me it's not a hate of the team but a dislike (hate is too strong a word in football) of all the plastic armchair Man U supporters who swan about Town in their replica shirts taking about "We this" and "We that" when refererring to them.

Most have probably only been to Old Trafford once or twice, if at all.

I can honestly say that I have never understood why someone would support a team so far away that they have no actual physical connection with. Absolutely baffles me.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 51
fishboyUTM
December 18, 2018, 11:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from caistormariner
As a United supporter for as long as I have followed Town (Town always no 1) I have never understood the level of hate for them.  Sure they had a lot of success in recent  years but they had their fair share of barren years especially when Liverpool were all conquering indeed they suffered relegation in the 70,s yet the whole world seems to despise them without the same for City Liverpool Chelsea but after years if this I suppose I must just take it

Disgrace this. One club, one love. I was born in Grimsby, so I support Grimsby and only Grimsby.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 51
promotion plaice
December 18, 2018, 12:03pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

They could do a lot worse than appoint Hurst as manager  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 51
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 18, 2018, 12:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Abdul19

One of those would be amazing

I thought it might get a rise from someone Abdul!

Whoever it is, the first act should be to ban Fergie from Old Trafford. It’s like Busby used to be - everyone looks to him even though he is doing nothing these days. Living in the past.

Pity McCarthy’s got fixed up, he’d have sorted the bu99ers out!

Blanc is a fair shout but he went rapidly downhill at PSG after a good start and he’s done nothing since 2016. Zidane left before he had that problem.

My outside choice would be Rafa Benitez.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 51
moosey_club
December 18, 2018, 1:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Disgrace this. One club, one love. I was born in Grimsby, so I support Grimsby and only Grimsby.

To be fair to him Caistor Rovers are a pub team so he isnt going to support them is he ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 51
fishboyUTM
December 18, 2018, 1:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from moosey_club

To be fair to him Caistor Rovers are a pub team so he isnt going to support them is he ?  

Haha, he needs to get the map out though as Manchester is a fair way from Caistor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 51
golfer
December 18, 2018, 1:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
Slade--4year contract   £138K per annum--got to get it right sometime  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 51
moosey_club
December 18, 2018, 1:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Les Brechin

For me it's not a hate of the team but a dislike (hate is too strong a word in football) of all the plastic armchair Man U supporters who swan about Town in their replica shirts taking about "We this" and "We that" when refererring to them.

Most have probably only been to Old Trafford once or twice, if at all.

I can honestly say that I have never understood why someone would support a team so far away that they have no actual physical connection with. Absolutely baffles me.

One explanation could be that during the initial TV coverage of the game it was Man Utd who were up there similarly with Leeds and Derby, i grew up with lads who supported those three....i used to like watching Man Utd on the telly when Coppell, Hill , Pearson , Buchan , Macari, and Co were playing for them. Once a generation gets exposed to that level of TV coverage then they pass it down...takes years of non success or non coverage to wash that out...older generation than me will still have the memories of the Busby babes and the holy trinity of Law, Charlton and Best...and given Man Utd still get the lions share of TV coverage then it wont stop.
Just look at how many Chelsea tops you see locally nowadays...ridiculous. All about the money, media and marketing.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 51
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 18, 2018, 2:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from moosey_club

One explanation could be that during the initial TV coverage of the game it was Man Utd who were up there similarly with Leeds and Derby, i grew up with lads who supported those three....i used to like watching Man Utd on the telly when Coppell, Hill , Pearson , Buchan , Macari, and Co were playing for them. Once a generation gets exposed to that level of TV coverage then they pass it down...takes years of non success or non coverage to wash that out...older generation than me will still have the memories of the Busby babes and the holy trinity of Law, Charlton and Best...and given Man Utd still get the lions share of TV coverage then it wont stop.
Just look at how many Chelsea tops you see locally nowadays...ridiculous. All about the money, media and marketing.

It goes back even beyond that Moosey. MU had a following on the newsreels in the 50s before Munich when the Busby Babes started and then they got players like Edwards and Tommy Taylor who were heroes to  faggies collecting kids.  Munich cemented it because it was hard to support anyone playing against their makeshift side for the next 2 seasons. They got the sympathy vote even though the Spurs double team of 1961 was probably a better side than the Babes had been. Then they got started on the European years and that was it but to be fair an awful lot of kids round Grimsby supported Liverpool, Leeds and Chelsea in the 60s.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 51
grimsby pete
December 18, 2018, 3:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Reported that misery will get £18 million payoff,

I wonder if he wants to buy his own club ?

I know one that's a snip at £2 million.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mourinho sacked

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.